Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Still waiting on Columbia...  (Read 370 times)

Aakash

• View Profile
Still waiting on Columbia...
« on: May 04, 2005, 09:49:21 PM »
I called the admisssions office today, and they said they still hadn't made a decision on my application.  I can't believe we're well into May and they're still not done looking at all the applications.  The person on the phone said "maybe next week?" in a rather meek voice, and made it sound like a question when asked for an estimate of wait time remaining.  Then the USPS will take their time getting me the letter. 

Anybody want to take the over on waiting till Memorial Day?

davisxa

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sue first; ask question later.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Still waiting on Columbia...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 01:23:40 AM »
Hey me too! I thought it was because my alma mater screwed up and didn't send my dean's certification. Or else because maybe the admissions office ran out of TP and decided to use my application...
_____________________________ _____________________
3.46/170
In: U. Penn. (45k/3), Cornell(47k/3), Georgetown (66k/3), Northeastern (69k/3)
WL: NYU
"reserve"(?): Columbia
Rejected: Boalt, UCLA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=davisxa

cannotpick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 01:39:37 AM »
I called the admisssions office today, and they said they still hadn't made a decision on my application. I can't believe we're well into May and they're still not done looking at all the applications. The person on the phone said "maybe next week?" in a rather meek voice, and made it sound like a question when asked for an estimate of wait time remaining. Then the USPS will take their time getting me the letter.

Anybody want to take the over on waiting till Memorial Day?

If it doesn't pan out with Columbia, where are you expecting to go? Are you staying in Texas, going to Cornell, or have your heart set on one of those waitlists?
'08 graduate of Brooklyn Law

...The Dude abides...

Aakash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 07:11:53 PM »
If it doesn't work out with Columbia, I will assume I am going back to UT, since it's my top choice amongst my acceptances.  However, there are one or more waitlists that I would take over UT (NYU for sure), so I'll get to work on a supplementary essay or the like to send them.