Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone Heard from Santa Clara or Golden Gate recently  (Read 631 times)

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
  • My four babies and my reason for everything!
    • View Profile
Anyone Heard from Santa Clara or Golden Gate recently
« on: May 04, 2005, 12:06:15 PM »
Hey all! I took the Feb LSAT (though my applications were mailed in Jan)... but I am still pending (p/t programs) at Santa Clara and Golden Gate. Anyone heard from them this week/last week??? Just curious -- the waiting is getting to me -- prob because I know it is almost over.

Thanks!!
Stats:  Berkeley GPA 3.53(3.54), LSAT 156
Attending:  Golden Gate(p/t)
Ding: Santa Clara University

lovebug78

Re: Anyone Heard from Santa Clara or Golden Gate recently
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 12:29:49 PM »
my numbers are almost identical to yours and i applied to santa clara and haven't heard a thing either... is no news good or bad?

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 12:43:07 PM »
i really don't know what to think this late in the game -- when did you apply?  I just hope the classes still have room.... My husband keeps saying if it was an easy no, we would have heard by now(his way of being supportive...LOL) -- Last I heard they were trying to get everything decided by mid May but on LSN i noticed there still seem to be a ton of pending... What do you think??

liberty shark

• Sr. Citizen
  • awesome.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - libertyshark
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 01:56:58 PM »
my file at santa clara was completed on 11/30/04... it's been 5 months and not a word...
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=libertyshark

They deal with morals as with mathematics;
and they think what is right may be
distinguished from what is wrong with the
precision of an algebraic equation.

-Daniel Webster

flossy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goddamn monkey stole my sandwich!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - flossy_kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 01:59:46 PM »
I called SCU for an update yesterday.  Decision is still pending, but they said they would let me know within two weeks.
Mellow like jello, cool like lemonade.

bobo21

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 02:18:25 PM »
I was complete at Santa Clara around 11/23 and haven't heard.  They sent me an e-mail on April 7th encouraging me to look at other schools (don't know quite what to make of that) and that they would try and get a deicsion to me as soon as possible.

I applied with a fee waiver and was kind of luke warm about the school.  I visited and really liked it, thought the class I sat in on was great and the tour was nice too.  LaToya in the admissions office was really nice as well, but when I sent her a thank you e-mail and letting her know that I really liked the school, I never heard back.  So now I don't know how I feel about the school.

vivaxixon

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 02:43:01 PM »
I sent my app the first week of January and re-took the LSAT to strengthen my file...and no word yet from SCU. I am anxious to hear as it's my first choice given the programs available and weather.  :)

Heard from Golden Gate 2 weeks ago - was accepted with some money which was very nice.

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 03:06:51 PM »
Thanks for all the info guys!  It helps to know that I am not alone..... I hope, after the wait, it is good news for all of us. Pending is a lonely place to be.

Hey Viv, when did you apply at GGU (Jan as well) Also how long did they give you for seat deposit?? -- I hope long enough to hear from Santa Clara -

Ragnar Danneskjold

• Sr. Citizen
  • Atlas Shrugged...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 03:26:06 PM »
I have a seat deposit that is due on May 13th, so if that is the general date for this batch of acceptances, you might not hear for a couple weeks. I probably will be sending in my deposit unless San Francisco gives me some dough.

HTH
I'm an NYC boy, 153/3.3

ATTENDING: Santa Clara w/$$$
Accepted: Marquette($), Villanova, Howard, Univ. San Francisco($) 
Out: Boston College, Temple, Michigan State Univ.
Wait List: Seattle Univ., Univ. Pittsburgh, Rutgers-Newark, Syracuse

vivaxixon

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 03:34:20 PM »
Hi PlutoEeyore -

GGU gave me until last Friday and I requested an extention in hopes that SCU would let me know. I have to send the seat deposit this Friday, but I kind of got the sense that they have rolling seat deposits. Given your numbers, I'm sure you will hear soon and likely get a little cash as my numbers are lower than yours.

Just FYI, their dean of admissions has left GGU and the assistant dean is the one you should contact with questions.

Best of luck!