Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What's up with Syracuse?  (Read 1347 times)

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
What's up with Syracuse?
« on: May 04, 2005, 08:07:17 AM »
Anyone know if they are finished for this cycle?  Still haven't heard a word and went complete back in December. 

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What's up with Syracuse?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 10:44:49 AM »
I hear they give out decisions over the phone.  You can try calling, at least to get an update as to the status of your application.

Good luck.

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 12:04:41 PM »
yeah i def would call. Before i got my acceptance I kept bugging them and called htem like four times. Finally they told me i had been accepted the day before. it's worth trying they seem nice on the phone.
I love my philly phanatic :)

wuo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 12:50:28 PM »
just call them. i called them and they were really nice about it. they told me i was admitted and mailed out my junx like 2 days ago. so im still waiting for it. good luck to u!

leoladybug

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 03:57:28 PM »
i haven't heard anything since december either and i'm afraid of being rejected over the phone... ???

i guess i will wait for the mail

BeesKnees

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 01:05:14 AM »
I too was afraid of the rejection - I even went to visit the school, but did not go into addmissions, because i was afraid of getting rejected in person. 

The next day, Syracuse called and my parents had to track me down en route (would not give results over the phone).  Turns out I got in several weeks earlier, but they sent the package to the wrong address, it got returned, and so they phoned.

Not to sound like a broken record, but rip the band-aid off quickly ... just call.

Good luck - maybe I'll see you in the Fall!

kloud9nupe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 11:54:03 PM »
My app. was complete back in January, but besides the app. complete letters, I haven't received any decision from them. They have been really making sure I have all of my fin. aid stuff in though. Everytime I check on my app. status they say it is still under review.

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 03:56:23 PM »
wow this is sad. i applied as well way back in mid-november. it doesnt make any sense why they need to take THIS long. its as if we're on the Unofficial waitlist! ???
HUSL 1L

kloud9nupe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 05:37:25 PM »
I got a letter from Syracuse today. I didn't get in. I'm going to Howard.

leoladybug

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 11:49:54 AM »
I received my Syracuse rejection on Saturday....definitely disappointed but I am going to CUNY and am very excited!!

I can't beleive it took them 5 months to reject me!!