Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT review books, which to buy?  (Read 365 times)

Thomas 239

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
LSAT review books, which to buy?
« on: May 04, 2005, 01:06:43 AM »
My question: Are the PowerScore LSAT "bibles" the best bet for self-studying? I have tested at 155, 153, 157, and 160 (but that was an old 1991 test, I heard the tests were easier back then)- all without me being able to devote very much time to intensive studying.

I would be be happy with a 167, but disappointed with anything below a 164. If I can master the logic games section (my weakest section) (by master I mean be able to consistantly get +90% correct instead of ~50%) and improve a bit on the other sections, I should be able to break into the mid 160's, or perhaps even the high 160's.

Anyone have any LSAT prep books to recommend, or should I go with the Powerscore "bibles"?
GPA: :/
LSAT: 171 (Oct. 05)

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT review books, which to buy?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 01:56:17 AM »
Whatever you decide, include at least 10 preptests (The Next 10) taken in simulated conditions.  As far as books, you will have to get that from someone else, they didn't help me, but that is just me.

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 10:13:36 AM »
The Bible really helped with my game questions. 

And yes buy and use the prep tests fromt the law services. 

Thomas 239

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 11:53:10 AM »
Alright, then I guess I'll get all three of the PowerScore LSAT "bibles". I'm taking the test in October- so I will have a few months to study up for it. I was originally going to take the exam in June, but I re-scheduled it after realizing that I wouldn't have enough time to prepare due to all of my homework and studying. I should have some free time this summer- hopefully I'll be able to scrounge up 3 or 4 hours per day.
GPA: :/
LSAT: 171 (Oct. 05)