Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GWU bound thread  (Read 2220 times)

laestrella

• MSN Messenger - laestrella26@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - laestrella26
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
Re: GWU bound thread
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 07:32:01 AM »
There's a yahoo group for those of you who are interested.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gwlaw2005admits
Attending: GW

SuperMoni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 07:38:36 AM »
...If you want to listen to inane arguments from talking heads, well, they film Crossfire on the GW campus, about 3 blocks from the law school...

Rizz: Great post, just wanted to point out that Crossfire is actually filmed 1 block from the Lawschool (just across the quad in the MPA building) and tickets are free!  Crossfire is actually being taken off the air soon, but CNN is going to replace it with another show filmed in the same place.

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 07:59:54 AM »
Attending GW in Fall '06

billiardballs1701

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 03:24:03 PM »
...If you want to listen to inane arguments from talking heads, well, they film Crossfire on the GW campus, about 3 blocks from the law school...

Rizz: Great post, just wanted to point out that Crossfire is actually filmed 1 block from the Lawschool (just across the quad in the MPA building) and tickets are free!  Crossfire is actually being taken off the air soon, but CNN is going to replace it with another show filmed in the same place.

Maybe they'll bring a new FOX NEWS show to campus!  (gags)

SuperMoni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 11:24:05 AM »
You have to remember that the foggy bottom area is patrolled by UPD, MPD, Secret Service, Park Police, F.B.I., the State Department Police, and security from the IMF, World Bank, Kennedy Center yada yada yada.  Overall though, its a really safe area.  I've gone to GW for undergrad for 4 years and (while its not something I highly recommend) have walked home by myself late late at night quite a number of times.  It's really a safe neighborhood.

billiardballs1701

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005, 02:18:00 PM »
You have to remember that the foggy bottom area is patrolled by UPD, MPD, Secret Service, Park Police, F.B.I., the State Department Police, and security from the IMF, World Bank, Kennedy Center yada yada yada.  Overall though, its a really safe area.  I've gone to GW for undergrad for 4 years and (while its not something I highly recommend) have walked home by myself late late at night quite a number of times.  It's really a safe neighborhood.

WEll thats a relief.!

And impairedwarpig - they have a flatscreen tv!  Wow, well i'm sold now!  lol.  I'm glad to hear your visit was a positive one.  Makes me feel better about my choice.  I toured GW back in October before the election and found it to be an interesting place.  4 blocks from the white house can't be beat.

Rizz98

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.91/165
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rizz98
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 08:37:51 AM »
Impairedwarpig, I agree with your sentiments about Ithaca - even though cornell was a very impressive school, the combination of location & size of Ithaca helped turn me back toward GW. But I must correct you about something - Ithaca is far from the Canadian border, 2.5-3 hours at least. This I know - I went to college less than 20 minutes from the border, 200+ miles NORTH of Ithaca...hence why I do not want to do another tour of duty in the snowy, frigid winters of far upstate NY.
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

billiardballs1701

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2005, 12:40:48 PM »
Impairedwarpig, I agree with your sentiments about Ithaca - even though cornell was a very impressive school, the combination of location & size of Ithaca helped turn me back toward GW. But I must correct you about something - Ithaca is far from the Canadian border, 2.5-3 hours at least. This I know - I went to college less than 20 minutes from the border, 200+ miles NORTH of Ithaca...hence why I do not want to do another tour of duty in the snowy, frigid winters of far upstate NY.

I wonder if the winters there could be as wonderful as the ones I have survived in Minnesota for 15 years...  Snow in May?  Possible?  PROBABLE.

billiardballs1701

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2005, 06:40:48 PM »
hey all - for those of you who don't know yet - I made a website for incoming and present GW Law students.  www.gwlawlounge.com - we're at 87 members strong and growing daily.  Answers to a bunch of questions I've seen posted on this forum are there.  Ciao!

clunkey

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 12:15:51 AM »
I can't access the site. Is it down?