Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Heard from UNC? (Pure, Morbid Curiosity)  (Read 1820 times)

ESDAD

• View Profile
Heard from UNC? (Pure, Morbid Curiosity)
« on: May 03, 2005, 12:40:03 PM »
Has anyone heard from UNC in the past month?  I probably won't attend at this juncture, anyway, but I have been complete since THE END OF NOVEMBER.  I have not heard if I am rejected, WL or (gasp) accepted.  How about some courtesy?

kristen14

• Sr. Citizen
  • LitiGATOR :)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DCPompeia
    • View Profile
Re: Heard from UNC? (Pure, Morbid Curiosity)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 12:47:54 PM »
I got my rejection letter last week... (Complete since mid Jan.)  Hope you have better luck!
"It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any reason can be found." ~Beautiful Mind
MPH / JD Hopeful :)

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=kristen14

QuickOats

• Tar Heel 4 Life
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 01:35:22 PM »
I got my rejection letter last week... (Complete since mid Jan.)  Hope you have better luck!

They must put a lot of focus on GPA, cause your LSAT is tight.....
God must be a Tarheel.  If not, then why is the sky Carolina Blue?

Strijder

• Whee!!!
    • View Profile
    • Strijder on LSN
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 01:43:11 PM »
I still haven't heard anything but "we will have your decision letter mailed out by the end of [LAST] month."  I just called their admissions office and left a message (sure seems like they screen their calls)...
163/3.53
Accepted: UCONN($), Baylor
Waitlisted: BYU, William and Mary, Notre Dame, Washington and Lee
Rejected: GMU, UNC Chapel Hill

bhsueiu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 03:24:22 PM »
I got my waitlist notice back in mid-March.  If you look at LSN, there seems to be a little movement with regards to notifications. Though there have been a few acceptances, it is mostly WL and rejections at this point.

Good luck

tegra8

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 03:29:15 PM »
I got my waitlist letter middle of last month....

If you guys are so displeased with their admissions office and process, do me a favor and withdraw your application so people that would love to go there, slow admission or not, will be admitted

bhsueiu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 03:31:49 PM »

If you guys are so displeased with their admissions office and process, do me a favor and withdraw your application so people that would love to go there, slow admission or not, will be admitted

Exactly! 

fireplace

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 03:34:27 PM »
If you ever call, don't call the number on the front page. Look up the actual admission office number.  The front desk lady is not nice or helpful but the admissions office is better.

tegra8

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 03:43:28 PM »
I got my waitlist notice back in mid-March.  If you look at LSN, there seems to be a little movement with regards to notifications. Though there have been a few acceptances, it is mostly WL and rejections at this point.

Good luck

I just looked at LSN and the more recent movements have been rejections, unfortunately... and most have numbers right around mine, so I'm not feeling too good about UNC

ESDAD

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 04:20:33 PM »

I don't believe I indicated that I was unhappy with the office or the process.  I belive it would be courteous to have answers to students with-in 5 months, but I believe their office has been helpful in spite of the waiting.  Let's not jump to conclusions, eh?