Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone on Penn/Michigan waitlists heard anything yet?  (Read 930 times)

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
Anyone on Penn/Michigan waitlists heard anything yet?
« on: May 03, 2005, 10:30:10 AM »
Just wondering.  Also, has anyone else still not heard a word from UNC?  It's May and I'm still "pending".  I'm thinking about writing to ask for my application fee back.

FinerWoman

• View Profile
Re: Anyone on Penn/Michigan waitlists heard anything yet?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 10:48:36 AM »
I haven't heard anything from Penn yet but at least two people on LSD have gotten pulled off the WL. They got called by Dean Meeker.
Attending: Penn (2006)
Accepted: Cornell $$, USC $$, Temple $$

vickymaz

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 11:03:07 AM »
I'm one of the ones pulled off of the waitlist (last Monday). I think Penn is going to use their waitlist quite a bit this year. And Burgh, I got my UNC decision yesterday (rejection), so they're coming out.....slowly. Applying to UNC this year was a giant waste of time. I hope they fix the process next year.

FinerWoman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 11:13:39 AM »
vickymaz- any advice on getting into Penn?  I sent a lOR, and letter of continued interest in mid April.  should I sent them another letter or is that borderline stalking?
Attending: Penn (2006)
Accepted: Cornell $$, USC $$, Temple $$

drhomer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 11:14:53 AM »
Penn started pulling off the waitlist before the seat deposit deadline???

and

what makes you think they will be accepting more?
3.71/167 3rd Year Medical Student

In: Full $$$ at Widener, Temple ($10k/year), Villanova ($13k/year), USC, NYU
Jerks: GULC, Yale
Wait List: PENN

kitakatt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 11:29:52 AM »
Penn started pulling off the waitlist before the seat deposit deadline???

and

what makes you think they will be accepting more?

in case its of any importance... i was just recently accepted at penn. i had not been waitlisted either. when is the first deposit deadline?
Getting antsy.

The Truth

• Sr. Citizen
  • Running the Race Figuratively (MS pic sample)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 11:43:27 AM »
Huh, unless this is a joke, the deposit (1 and only) deadline was last Friday 4/29 assuming that you just didn't get in after that. If you are going or need more time to decide and have not done something already, you may want to give them a call b4 you get a withdrawn notice

Penn's deposit is $500 and then they refund back in portions for those who don't attend. Even full tuition scholarship people put down a deposit and then get it back as a refund or during the 2nd year.

in case its of any importance... i was just recently accepted at penn. i had not been waitlisted either. when is the first deposit deadline?
The One, The Only, The Truth...
Attending: PENN$$$
W/D after Acc.(had next, LOL): NYU$$$,CLS$,CHI$$,GTown$$$,Duke$$,TX$$,NU(loans),Cornell?
WL'ed & then W/D: HLS(after hold), SLS
Rej: NONE
The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing but The Truth
Don't Hate Me, Because You Ain't Me (J/K, LOL)

The Truth

• Sr. Citizen
  • Running the Race Figuratively (MS pic sample)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 11:44:41 AM »
Burgh,

Would you attend Penn, or MI and VA for that matter over NU. Did you have the chance to visit Penn?

Just wondering.  Also, has anyone else still not heard a word from UNC?  It's May and I'm still "pending".  I'm thinking about writing to ask for my application fee back.
The One, The Only, The Truth...
Attending: PENN$$$
W/D after Acc.(had next, LOL): NYU$$$,CLS$,CHI$$,GTown$$$,Duke$$,TX$$,NU(loans),Cornell?
WL'ed & then W/D: HLS(after hold), SLS
Rej: NONE
The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing but The Truth
Don't Hate Me, Because You Ain't Me (J/K, LOL)

vickymaz

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 12:01:11 PM »
FinerWoman - well, when Penn deferred me (before they waitlisted me), they gave me the option of sending another essay/writing sample, and I did. You might consider it. Otherwise, hold off on sending another letter, since you sent the other stuff just a few weeks ago. I'd send another letter in June or so, if you're still on the waitlist then.

Drhomer - Yes, they started pulling off of the waitlist before the deposit deadline. I guess they had a fair number of withdrawals earlier in April.

Kitakatt - For people that they're accepting now, the deposit deadline is extended (mine is May 9th, for instance. It should say in your acceptance letter).

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 01:14:14 PM »
To answer everyone's question: Unless Penn or Michigan offered me scholarship money (Which I don't think any schools do for waitlist applicants), I would not abandon Northwestern.  I've already mailed my seat deposit and am in the process of searching for an apartment and roommate.  Still, I am incredibly curious to know if I am "good enough" to get into Penn or Michigan.  As pointless as it seems, getting an admissions offer off the waitlist would be a huge confidence boost for me going into law school, even though I would likely turn it down.