Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: American University - Waitlist  (Read 1924 times)

au2005

• View Profile
American University - Waitlist
« on: May 03, 2005, 04:26:52 AM »
Has anyone heard anything?

I have been placed on the waitlist and have since notified them that I would accept if offered a spot.

I will keep this thread up as I hear information.
3.2 GPA CompSci/ Univ of MD., College Park

"If you enjoy sausage and respect the law, you should avoid watching either one being made. "
-Anonymous

weinmatt

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: American University - Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 11:47:26 PM »
I got in off the waitlist last Thursday the 28th. However, I'm not sure yet if this means that American is going to the waitlist... I applied late (Mid-Feb, but took the Feb LSAT) and was waitlisted the 8th. No one else on LSN has been accepted off the WL, and its been over a week now... so I would have expected if they were, then people would be getting off of it.

I drafted a quick letter just to tell AU that I was interested and that I would accept a spot in either program. I only applied to AU, GW, and Georgetown, was rejected from the latter two -- I figured that, since I wanted to go to AU -- why waste a year now if I'm just gonna end up there the next year.

Anyhow, the letter went out Friday the week before and Thursday morning, I got the call from the dean. Maybe the letter made them review my file again... maybe they waitlisted me because they thought I would end up elsewhere... who knows... all I know is, I'm goin to AU full time next year... and I am quite happy about it

If I had any advice... I'd say, send them a letter... if you haven't yet.

Good luck

au2005

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 09:32:52 PM »
hey thanks for the info.  i also sent them a letter stating that i am still interested. so, i guess i will wait to see what happens.  i probably will be going to the school next week to get an idea of what a waitlister can expect.

as someone already stated in another thread (and on AU's website), fulltime is full and parttime still has some spots. hopefully they will tell me next week what "some spots" means.

given that i have no other options, i will be waiting this thing out till the end.

"If you enjoy sausage and respect the law, you should avoid watching either one being made. "
-Anonymous

weinmatt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 01:16:25 AM »
woah there... 3.2, 164, cs, college park... i go to cp... do we know each other??? lol

au2005

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 12:42:36 AM »
woah there... 3.2, 164, cs, college park... i go to cp... do we know each other??? lol

i have been reading your posts as well and thought the same.  but i graduated in '96.  we pretty much have the same numbers so hopefully they let me in - but it doesnt look good.

-Anonymous

au2005

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 01:37:55 AM »
Went into the office to ask a few questions.  The student at the desk really did'nt tell much.  But was told that there is "strong interest" in being admitted to the part-time program.

The feeling I got is that only a few will be pulled from the waitlist for part-time.  If any other spots open, it will be after the second seat deposit deadline.  But there seems to be a lot of interest in American this year along with many other D.C. schools.

-Anonymous

au2005

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 07:03:28 PM »
anyone know when the second deadline for the deposit is?

-Anonymous

au2005

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 04:50:31 PM »
so it looks like American will not be bringing in students from their waitlist (American's website has been updated) - that is unless a large number of people decide to withdraw their acceptances.

-Anonymous

FutureLaw

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 10:41:06 AM »
so it looks like American will not be bringing in students from their waitlist (American's website has been updated) - that is unless a large number of people decide to withdraw their acceptances.

well that sucks, i hope its not as bleak as they make it sound - i wonder why they posted this before the due date of the second deposit though?

au2005

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 02:52:30 PM »

well that sucks, i hope its not as bleak as they make it sound - i wonder why they posted this before the due date of the second deposit though?

FutureLaw, when is the next seat deposit due?

-Anonymous