Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UVA Bound Thread  (Read 46035 times)

blaqueangel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UVA Bound Thread
« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2005, 09:02:04 PM »
Hey, I arrived in C-ville today. Let me know when you are checking out the bookstore. I plan to visit Target and Walmart tomorrow for a t.v. stand, shower curtain, and other stuff like that. That is if you'd like!

Bump.

I'm in C'ville now :) I'll try to check out the law school for any book/section info in the next couple of days.

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2005, 10:45:44 PM »
I have family in town, so time is limited for me the next couple of days. But I do need to make another Walmart run sometime tomorrow afternoon.

My bookstore run may be anytime in the next couple of days really, depending on how things are going for me. Sad, since I live about 2 minutes from school.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2005, 01:43:08 PM »
oooh how is the new Target?  I got so excited driving to C'ville and seeing there was a new shopping center with one in it.  I have a Target problem, in fact I'm going there now to buy a fan for my new room.

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
Striking out all over on the Internet today
« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2005, 05:05:50 PM »
So, I think there is a place where we can specify direct deposit info to get our loan money faster--now, who knows where it is? I have blundered around ISIS and LawWeb and haven't found it. I think I got a piece of paper once upon a time that gave a url but I can't find it (or anything).
3.52 164|cancel|173
Attending: UVA

jimmyp

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.57/176
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Striking out all over on the Internet today
« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2005, 06:30:51 PM »
So, I think there is a place where we can specify direct deposit info to get our loan money faster--now, who knows where it is? I have blundered around ISIS and LawWeb and haven't found it. I think I got a piece of paper once upon a time that gave a url but I can't find it (or anything).

http://www.virginia.edu/studentaccounts/forms.html

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2005, 06:38:06 PM »
I went to the bookstore this afternoon.  They said that section assignments won't be posted until at least probably Wednesday, and at latest Friday.  Until then, you won't know what books you'll need for your classes.  You can, however, get the Criminal Law casebook (which I guess is the same for all sections) and the Legal Research and Writing books, which are also the same.  There are still some Used (read: cheaper) copies of the criminal law casebook if you hurry in.  

blaqueangel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2005, 08:03:05 PM »
oooh how is the new Target?  I got so excited driving to C'ville and seeing there was a new shopping center with one in it.  I have a Target problem, in fact I'm going there now to buy a fan for my new room.

I love Target and that Target is no exception. The K-mart is a little ghetto but gets the job done and the Walmart seems slightly overpriced. The Walmart was sooooo crowded with students and their parents. The Target wasn't as crowded and had great deals.

faith2005

« Reply #237 on: August 16, 2005, 10:08:51 AM »
oh my goodness. I will be there this week. I am supposed to be packing now. I can't wait to meet all y'all. oh, and blaqueangel, i'm going to need your help with target directions. :)

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #238 on: August 16, 2005, 10:59:21 AM »
The TArget just opened last month. Apparently, the locals are excited about it.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

blaqueangel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 16, 2005, 01:19:27 PM »
oh my goodness. I will be there this week. I am supposed to be packing now. I can't wait to meet all y'all. oh, and blaqueangel, i'm going to need your help with target directions. :)

No problem, Faith. Just give me a call or email me when you get into town.

I have done a little exploration. There's more in C-ville than I thought. I went to the Fashion Square mall to look for something and they have some great stores. There's a J-crew, Abercrombie, Express, Starbucks, American Eagle, Eddie Bauer, Sam Goody and Gap (just to name a few). I hear the downtown mall is even better. There are great random shops. Next to the Best Buy is this store called World Market. They have furniture but in the back they have great gourmet and speciatly seasonings. Obviously, we won't have that much time or money to shop but at least there are diverse options.