Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UVA Bound Thread  (Read 45927 times)

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
Re: UVA Bound Thread
« Reply #220 on: August 05, 2005, 01:36:57 PM »
that sucks. really, wha's up with that. :(
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2005, 02:29:15 AM »
From all I've been able to find out, it looks as if those of us getting law loans for living expenses shouldn't count on seeing the surplus refunded before at least the second week of September. I've got just enough savings to scrape rent up till then, but for the rest I'm getting by with no interest credit cards. I highly recommend them as a short term means of preserving the contents of one's checking account, but you have to pay the monthly amounts faithfully or you'll lose that zero interest status. As far as money for books goes, do we *really* need to buy those before October? Books. Bah.

I throw up my hands about the money-- honestly my main concern right now is figuring out where the good swimmin' holes are. I think I'm going to check out Blue Hole, except I'm intimidated by any kind of hike in this heat. I wonder, is the section of the Rivanna that runs through town really nice enough to swim in? That water is barely moving and I suspect it of harboring leaches, but I guess anything is better than chlorine.
3.52 164|cancel|173
Attending: UVA

faith2005

« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2005, 03:21:52 PM »
thats crazy. the 2nd week of september? hmmm. i am glad that my parents are coming to dc for labor day. maybe they'll buy me some ramen. :D  :D  :D

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #223 on: August 08, 2005, 03:29:44 PM »
From all I've been able to find out, it looks as if those of us getting law loans for living expenses shouldn't count on seeing the surplus refunded before at least the second week of September.

la da de da. pretending not to hear that. la da de da.
Attending UVa

Flash

• AOL Instant Messenger - flakri01
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 09, 2005, 04:32:47 PM »
Has anybody got their books yet? Either online or at the bookstore?  I probably won't get around to it till the 19th, and borrow my roomate's if i get into any problems.
1 more week in Jersey!!!
171/3.4, top 3 (humanities major)
Accepted: UPenn, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, BU, Fordham, Duke (10k/year)
Rejected: Harvard, Standford
Reserved then Rejected: UChicago (optional essay my a$$!), Cornell, Columbia
Still waiting: NYU

faith2005

« Reply #225 on: August 09, 2005, 04:37:03 PM »
but i didn't know anybody even got a booklist. i heard that the profs don't post it until the first day of orientation.

Flash

• AOL Instant Messenger - flakri01
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 09, 2005, 04:42:11 PM »
I was in the bookstore when I visited last week and they had books under different course headings, but it was unclear which ones you actually needed.
171/3.4, top 3 (humanities major)
Accepted: UPenn, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, BU, Fordham, Duke (10k/year)
Rejected: Harvard, Standford
Reserved then Rejected: UChicago (optional essay my a$$!), Cornell, Columbia
Still waiting: NYU

mkc2008

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 10, 2005, 12:04:34 AM »
From what I understand, they'll post the sections lists (along with your class schedule, profs, book list, etc.) about a week before orientation.  Until then, you won't know who is teaching your classes and which books you'll need.  Personally, I don't mind putting that off until next Thursday or Friday - then we have a good reason not to be doing real reading/work yet  ;)

long ago

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 10, 2005, 04:10:19 PM »
I just got an email to my non uva email addres saying it was going to be the last one sent to a non uva account.  It said that first year sections would be posted no later than Aug 19th which surprized me because I thought it was ON the 19th and not by the 19th meaning they could be posted at anytime right? Not like it really matters, but it would be nice to know right? 

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2005, 07:38:06 PM »
Bump.

I'm in C'ville now :) I'll try to check out the law school for any book/section info in the next couple of days.
Attending UVa