Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UVA Bound Thread  (Read 45831 times)

Pirate Pete

• LSD Obsessed
  • member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
Re: UVA Bound Thread
« Reply #510 on: July 31, 2006, 02:35:35 PM »
Anyone living in eagles landing?

So.  Far.  Away.  Good luck with that ;)

I think that I am living even farther away.  Out by Whole Foods.  I looked at the parking website but can't figure out how to apply for a parking permit.
fair like the sun that shines in my soul when you're near, emily
Wow, Em is genius!

SliceServe

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 31, 2006, 08:17:04 PM »
Anyone living in eagles landing?

So.  Far.  Away.  Good luck with that ;)

I think that I am living even farther away.  Out by Whole Foods.  I looked at the parking website but can't figure out how to apply for a parking permit.

Don't worry about that - your Peer Advisors will guide you through it.  The first few days there is a lift on permit requirements so you can just park at will.  Basically there will be a lottery to get the D-3 spaces or whatever it is right outside the law school.  If that doesn't work out, you just go to the parking and transportation office on Millmont and tell them you want to buy a Blue parking pass.  That'll let you park down by the softball fields or over by the basketball arena.
VIRGINIA LAW '08 and for life

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - diegopiranha
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 31, 2006, 10:35:45 PM »
I'm living way further away than any of you guys! 

I just got down here, though, and am enjoying it so far.

I'm glad to hear that about parking, I was worried about that...as long as I'm able to park within walking distance, it's fine, I'm going to have a hike in anyway, what's another few minutes? :) I, too, was wondering what to do for the first few days, since there didn't seem to be great instructions anywhere.
UVA '09

SliceServe

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 01, 2006, 12:05:27 AM »
I'm living way further away than any of you guys! 

I just got down here, though, and am enjoying it so far.

I'm glad to hear that about parking, I was worried about that...as long as I'm able to park within walking distance, it's fine, I'm going to have a hike in anyway, what's another few minutes? :) I, too, was wondering what to do for the first few days, since there didn't seem to be great instructions anywhere.

I don't know if I'm supposed to tell you the game plan for the first few days or not...I dunno how much of a surprise they want to make things :)  But within the first week, be expecting from your PAs:  Orientation stuff, a welcome picnic, bar nights, potlucks, tubing, small section tour of c'ville, and undoubtedly much, much more!  But yeah - the first week at least the parking restrictions are completely lifted.  After that, everyone will be able to get at least a blue permit (it's not "guaranteed" but there is a ton of open space each year).  At worst, you'll be parking at UHall, a 10-12 minute walk to the law school.  Most people end up parking at the softball fields, making it only a 5-7 minute walk, but uphill.

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 01, 2006, 07:40:38 AM »
Thanks, slice!
I will look forward to all the fun... are parking spots assigned, or does a blue pass basically mean you can park near the softball fields, and if they are full on any given day, you go to UHall?

UVA '09

SliceServe

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 01, 2006, 08:30:32 PM »
Thanks, slice!
I will look forward to all the fun... are parking spots assigned, or does a blue pass basically mean you can park near the softball fields, and if they are full on any given day, you go to UHall?

You got it - no assigned parking spots.  If the ones down by the softball field (called the Superfields) are full, then you go to UHall.

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 01, 2006, 09:41:40 PM »
slice, thanks again...

hopefully it won't be an issue, but it's good to know what to plan for!

UVA '09

SliceServe

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 11, 2006, 11:32:45 AM »
In case you guys haven't seen it, the 1L orientation schedule is up on the law school's new website.  Make sure you look good for Monday - the law school directory pictures stay with you for all three years (it's what the professors get)

http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/students/orientation.htm

Goodfella

• Sr. Citizen
  • I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 11, 2006, 12:07:17 PM »
Thanks SliceServe. Better start revving my brain up if I want to start learning again in 2 weeks.
UVA '09

SliceServe

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 11, 2006, 01:11:45 PM »
Thanks SliceServe. Better start revving my brain up if I want to start learning again in 2 weeks.

Really you should start revving it up for all the name games and icebreakers you're going to play.  Ha.  Suckers :)