Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UVA Bound Thread  (Read 45899 times)

Pirate Pete

• LSD Obsessed
  • member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
Re: UVA Bound Thread
« Reply #500 on: July 21, 2006, 02:51:33 PM »
Looks like late risers want to avoid section B or H since they have to get up at 9 4 days a week instead of 3. And since I brought this up I can only assume that I will be in Section B or H once the sections are assigned, since things usually shake out like that.

Yeah, but once you get used to getting up at 9 three days a week, four won't be that much of a difference.  I'm a late riser, but I once had this class in college that met at 9 four days a week that took attendance.  The subject matter was dry - literature from before 1800, but the professor was an amazing lecturer.  Being able to stay awake and pay attention during his lectures definitely made up for the early start (so here's hoping for the section with the awesome profs).
fair like the sun that shines in my soul when you're near, emily
Wow, Em is genius!

Goodfella

• Sr. Citizen
  • I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 21, 2006, 03:24:40 PM »
Looks like late risers want to avoid section B or H since they have to get up at 9 4 days a week instead of 3. And since I brought this up I can only assume that I will be in Section B or H once the sections are assigned, since things usually shake out like that.

Yeah, but once you get used to getting up at 9 three days a week, four won't be that much of a difference.  I'm a late riser, but I once had this class in college that met at 9 four days a week that took attendance.  The subject matter was dry - literature from before 1800, but the professor was an amazing lecturer.  Being able to stay awake and pay attention during his lectures definitely made up for the early start (so here's hoping for the section with the awesome profs).

Well, I guess you want to have whoever is best of the Torts professors, since Torts always meets at 9 am, and if you're in B hope that 9 am Legal Writing is doable.
UVA '09

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - diegopiranha
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 21, 2006, 10:14:18 PM »
It would be so great if we could send along these preferences...sigh. I'm a super early riser, but am brain dead in the afternoons... and watch, I'll end up with all classes in the afternoon. Have to invest in some toothpicks to prop the eyelids open :)
UVA '09

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #503 on: July 22, 2006, 02:52:41 PM »

Well, I guess you want to have whoever is best of the Torts professors, since Torts always meets at 9 am, and if you're in B hope that 9 am Legal Writing is doable.

Honestly, Legal Writing class (Refering to the actual in-classroom activities) isn't that big of an issue; you've got to go, but its the class that you can get through half-asleep.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

galex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 22, 2006, 03:30:14 PM »

Honestly, Legal Writing class (Refering to the actual in-classroom activities) isn't that big of an issue; you've got to go, but its the class that you can get through half-asleep.

Please don't tempt me . . .

Law2k6

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 22, 2006, 10:24:53 PM »
It would be so great if we could send along these preferences...sigh. I'm a super early riser, but am brain dead in the afternoons... and watch, I'll end up with all classes in the afternoon. Have to invest in some toothpicks to prop the eyelids open :)

It's funny how people are so much different. I'd love to be able to wake up early. I'm going to be buying a backup alarm clock just in case. At least I'll be able to walk to class!
U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009

SliceServe

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 23, 2006, 12:16:53 PM »
boo section b. boo 9am classes! is that your section sliceserve?  :D

Did I say it was my section? heh heh....  ;D

The good thing about B's classes is that you get Dean Jeffries - it looks like he's scheduled crim to be 5 days a week, but it's only because he's the dean and needs to have a somewhat flexible schedule.  He lets you know at the beginning of the school year what days you actually have to be there - sometimes it's only 1 or 2 days of the week, but on occassion, it's 4.  Big bonus is that you're done with Dean Jeffries' Crim at Thanksgiving - no more classes for that afterwards.

And yeah - you'll get used to the early rising easily.  I am definitely no early riser, but 9am didn't seem to be a problem for me last year.
VIRGINIA LAW '08 and for life

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - diegopiranha
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 23, 2006, 04:04:18 PM »

It's funny how people are so much different. I'd love to be able to wake up early. I'm going to be buying a backup alarm clock just in case. At least I'll be able to walk to class!
[/quote]

walking to class would definitely be nice, I'm going to have a bit of a trek... but my regular schedule is getting up at 5:30 or 6, so I should have enough time to get to class, one would hope!

UVA '09

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #508 on: July 27, 2006, 10:44:04 AM »
Anyone living in eagles landing?
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

SliceServe

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 27, 2006, 08:11:28 PM »
Anyone living in eagles landing?

So.  Far.  Away.  Good luck with that ;)
VIRGINIA LAW '08 and for life