Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UVA Bound Thread  (Read 45705 times)

Evo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Miami Skyline
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UVA Bound Thread
« Reply #300 on: May 13, 2006, 01:20:56 PM »
I think you have to have at least the first deposit...

the email i got was confirming they received my first deposit.  but i guess their system just needs to update.

How is everyone doing on housing?  It's so damn hard to find a place when u dont live near the area (heh, its hard enuf even when u do).  I think im just gonna take a weekend to go down and look at places.  Anyone try getting a real estate agent?
University of Virginia '09

Pirate Pete

• LSD Obsessed
  • member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 13, 2006, 01:25:47 PM »
I think you have to have at least the first deposit...

the email i got was confirming they received my first deposit.  but i guess their system just needs to update.

How is everyone doing on housing?  It's so damn hard to find a place when u dont live near the area (heh, its hard enuf even when u do).  I think im just gonna take a weekend to go down and look at places.  Anyone try getting a real estate agent?

Go to the "life in C'ville" section of the UVA Law website, click on "housing," and then click on "Blue Ridge Apartment Council" (or something like that).
fair like the sun that shines in my soul when you're near, emily
Wow, Em is genius!

Evo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Miami Skyline
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #302 on: May 13, 2006, 01:31:30 PM »
thanks Moby, ill take a look.

gwenkern

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 14, 2006, 04:34:30 PM »
Also, once you get your UVa email account set up, you'll have access to UVa-only newsgroups such as uva.want-ads (and uva.want-ads.housing, but no one ever posts there).  Some excellent housing opportunities pop up there, and if you check often, you can snap them up before they're made more public.
LSN

Virginia Law '09

Pirate Pete

• LSD Obsessed
  • member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 14, 2006, 11:11:38 PM »
Also, once you get your UVa email account set up, you'll have access to UVa-only newsgroups such as uva.want-ads (and uva.want-ads.housing, but no one ever posts there).  Some excellent housing opportunities pop up there, and if you check often, you can snap them up before they're made more public.

I visited Georgetown right before I was accepted to UVA, and was bothered by the cost of housing.  The housing opportunities at UVA seemed so inexpensive and plentiful that, even if the really close places are taken, there are plenty of places within driving distance that are affordable (and there are parking lots and shuttles, so no biggie).  Every time I check the "Blue Ridge" housing section I am shocked by the affordable housing.
fair like the sun that shines in my soul when you're near, emily
Wow, Em is genius!

ljl3y

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 16, 2006, 07:21:30 AM »
I'm so excited to hit c'ville this fall!  Is anyone out there heading to UVA who has a family (kids, etc)?  I'm thinking my boys are going to LOVE Virginia.

:) YAY!
173/2.97
5 yrs WE NY Law Firm
Non-trad (2 sons)
C'ville-bound!

IN: VIRGINIA (off the WL)!!! Wisconsin($), W&L($), Fordham PT, Richmond($, w/d), UIUC($$, w/d), Cardozo($$, w/d), Miami (w/d), Hastings($, w/d)
OUT:Chicago, NYU, Columbia
WL: Michigan, Emory, Fordham FT, W&M, UT Austin, Vandy

Evo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Miami Skyline
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #306 on: May 16, 2006, 12:11:08 PM »
I'm so excited to hit c'ville this fall!

me too!  we need to hav an LSD meet at a bar or something before classes start.

btw, wheres everyone from? 

<-New York (upstate, not nyc).

Reaching

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 16, 2006, 12:14:17 PM »
I'm from Georgia, more specifically the suburbs of Atlanta.

EDIT: I also spent the last two years in Columbus, OH for grad school

gwenkern

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 16, 2006, 03:19:36 PM »
I'm originally from Arlington, VA, but I've been living in Pittsburgh for 4 years or so.  I'm very, very happy about heading back to C'ville (not that Pittsburgh isn't great!).

We should have a meet-up.  Maybe the week before orientation?  We could hit a happy hour somewhere.
LSN

Virginia Law '09

Reaching

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 16, 2006, 03:32:45 PM »
We should have a meet-up.  Maybe the week before orientation?  We could hit a happy hour somewhere.

Sounds like a great idea! I probably won't be there until the Saturday before orientation though.