Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HELP! FSU hold? Send interest letter?!  (Read 569 times)

Aida7

• View Profile
    • Email
HELP! FSU hold? Send interest letter?!
« on: May 02, 2005, 05:28:30 PM »
Hi there,
I was wondering about waitlists, and "hold" lists.  ??? I am on WL at Miami and Brooklyn, and FSU I believe put me on what pple call a "hold" list.  I sent extra essays to the other two schools, should I also send to FSU?  It would be one of my top choices because I am in FL and want to practice there (and it's very good for the $$$).  Can anyone recommend what to do to help my chances? I have heard of sending letters of "continued interest" but what exactly are these? Are they long/short? Is it just explaining why that school is the best for you, or what? I'm really not sure what to say that would be worth while.  People also tell me to call, but I have called schools before and they are very ambiguious and seem to want to just get you off the phone, and I know FSU isn't going to tell me much, but does anyone recommend calling anyway? And if so, say what?  aghhh!  Yeah so I'm kinda lost on what to do here, any suggestions would be great! thanks! ::)
NYU 3.4/150
in @ U.Kentucky ($$), NYLS ($$), Nova, Pace($), Syracuse, In at UF (for fall) off waitlist 8/20/05
WL @ Miami, Brooklyn, UF, Miss, Albany
hold @ FSU
rej @ UGA, W&L,

Aida7

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: HELP! FSU hold? Send interest letter?!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 09:49:42 AM »
Thank you for the input, celarkobri. I will have that letter in the mail very soon! I hope it makes a difference. :)
NYU 3.4/150
in @ U.Kentucky ($$), NYLS ($$), Nova, Pace($), Syracuse, In at UF (for fall) off waitlist 8/20/05
WL @ Miami, Brooklyn, UF, Miss, Albany
hold @ FSU
rej @ UGA, W&L,

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 03:21:08 AM »
would it be wrong to email the letter? is snail mail the standard?
HUSL 1L

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 11:03:09 AM »
did you get the letter stating that miami will no longer use their WL because of all the acceptances that were cashed in?
FIU Class of 2009

ssd2612

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 01:21:15 PM »
I got my official Miami "not getting off the list" letter yesterday.  F'em....