Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transferring from provisionally accredited schools?  (Read 495 times)

tegra8

Transferring from provisionally accredited schools?
« on: May 02, 2005, 04:24:25 PM »
Looks like i'll be at FIU next year if the waitlists/holds dont come out in my favor  ::), but my plan is to transfer out after my first year.  Does anyone know if there is a problem with transferring from a provisionally accredited school? 

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transferring from provisionally accredited schools?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 10:42:38 PM »
That sucks that Florida didn't let you in with your numbers.  Did you have something glaring in your app?  (DUI, academic probs, etc.)

tegra8

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 10:50:57 PM »
That sucks that Florida didn't let you in with your numbers.  Did you have something glaring in your app?  (DUI, academic probs, etc.)

posession of alcohol by a minor during spring break my senior year in high school, but nothing at all since and nothing else abnormal

I wasnt really that surprised by UF, but being put on hold at FSU was suprising

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 11:16:39 PM »
Depending on the cost of FIU it may be better to hold off a year and reapply.

Precise

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 11:24:43 PM »
Looks like i'll be at FIU next year if the waitlists/holds dont come out in my favor  ::), but my plan is to transfer out after my first year.  Does anyone know if there is a problem with transferring from a provisionally accredited school? 

You are settling for less. If you dont want to go to FIU, dont go to FIU. reapply next year, retake the lsat and go to a school you'll actually be happy graduating from. 

tegra8

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 11:40:05 PM »
If I get off the waitlist/holds anywhere(UNC, UTK, FSU) I will def be attending there... If all fall through, I will most likely be taking a job, grad school, retaking LSAT and reapplying next year.  FIU is an absolutely backup plan at the moment, the only thing in their favor is it's in Miami, it is dirt cheap in state tuition and I am pretty confident I will get money too   

starter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 11:57:01 AM »
You're still better off holding off for a year, gaining some work experience, improving your applications and soft factors, and reapplying.