Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Lowest price laptop sale I've seen  (Read 1196 times)

inthesun

Re: Lowest price laptop sale I've seen
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 01:22:05 PM »
My Compaq desktop computer has had nothing but problems.  Their support sucks.  Mine is going through the window as soon as I purchase a laptop.

A.J

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 01:26:25 PM »
My Compaq desktop computer has had nothing but problems.  Their support sucks.  Mine is going through the window as soon as I purchase a laptop.

no dont do that!   Just refomat the hardrive, protect with Zone Alarm and AVG (both free and as effective as anything else) and you should be good.  Its nice to have a back up system so that when your laptop has a seizure you have access to all the hard work youve been doing (because you diligently backed up to your pc).

BoscoBreaux

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 01:36:44 PM »
CompUSA is selling the HP Compaq Presario M2010us for $499 -- sale ends 5/7.

What have been people's experiences with Compaq -- positive or negative?

All notebooks have problems, Dell included. Does carrying around a DELL warrant spending conserably more? That is the question.

jomolungma

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »
You can't pick up girls without a dell.

You can't pick up girls without a G5. A much sexier machine.

you can't pick up girls without arms - at least it would be difficult, but not impossible, if you had a ThinkPad

LaneSwerver

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2005, 07:05:19 PM »

All notebooks have problems, Dell included. Does carrying around a DELL warrant spending conserably more? That is the question.

I might have answered this on your other thread. I can't remember now. Too much glue. Anyway, I would (will) pay the extra cash for a Dell because of their warranty. Unlike other companies, you don't have to ship it off and wait a month for the thing to come back. They come to you, usually the next day. You can pay a bit more and make it three or four years, and they'll replace the thing no questions asked.

_____

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2005, 07:08:09 PM »

I fried my own computer's video card by plugging it into the TV without following all the instructions, and the guy was there the next day, replacing it for me.  (I bought the warranty that includes when it's your fault.)

It was fantastic.  I have heard that Sony now offers a similar warranty plan, and I'm tempted, but I don't have any experience with their Service...

Anybody here who can vouch for the quality of Sony on-site, next day service?  (I know I can vouch for Dell...)