Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: chat room?  (Read 3714 times)

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
chat room?
« on: June 01, 2004, 03:41:29 PM »
andrew,

it might be nice to implement a chat room feature to the site.  seems like there are a lot of posts that veer OT due to people who like to send personal messages via posts.  maybe if we had a chat room, people can just enter and mack away...

or if someone can create an aol chat room and everyone enters it, it might alleviate the need for inane/OT posts.

'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

Todd

• View Profile
Re: chat room?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 03:50:55 PM »
One exists at JD2B.com, however, they are having technical difficulties and the website is not very user friendly.

thechoson

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 04:44:25 PM »
I very much like the chat room idea

Ginatio

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 12:41:04 AM »
You can enter a simple AOL chat room by copy and pasting the following text into internet explorer address bar, and pressing "go" ... assuming you have aol instant messenger installed:

aim:GoChat?RoomName=LawSchoolDiscussion&Exchange=4&Instance=-1

Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 01:09:45 AM »
Wow, I thought someone would know where a decent chat room was for law school students.  I guess there isn't one close to the scope of this website.  To change the subject, does anyone know of any other decent discussion boards?  LSI's (lawschoolinsider.com) isn't bad, but this is better.  I really haven't found others worth mentioning.

ttiwed

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 09:57:32 AM »
this one, in my opinion, is the best. but when lsd's servers crash, a lot of the regulars on this board go to http://www.lawstudentparadise.com/forums/

i guess its worth checking out...

thechoson

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 01:26:01 PM »
I love xoxohth.  It's full of pretige whores and elitist bastards, but its funny as hell.  If you have a question, you'll usually get some legit answers

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 01:43:04 PM »
Let's hope the server holds for a while.  I'll find a new host when my agreement expires (not for a while) unless they really make me mad.  Remember, the site has only gone down twice - that's not so bad is it?

Chat - something to consider.  I'll take a look at the different options when I have some time (never?).  There was a chat modification for this board software in a previous edition, and I expect someone to write a chat modication soon that will make it really easy for me to set up.  Give it some time...

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 01:57:37 PM »
Let's hope the server holds for a while.  I'll find a new host when my agreement expires (not for a while) unless they really make me mad.  Remember, the site has only gone down twice - that's not so bad is it?

Chat - something to consider.  I'll take a look at the different options when I have some time (never?).  There was a chat modification for this board software in a previous edition, and I expect someone to write a chat modication soon that will make it really easy for me to set up.  Give it some time...

i think the site is fine.  holding up pretty well considering the influx of new traffic in the past 3 months or so...

chat isnt much of a taxing factor on the servers since the connections to the server isnt much more than when you have static threads holding onto users.  i can, however, see it decreasing the number of total postings though...not to say that thats a bad thing, considering all the non sequitur stuff going on here (guilty as charged).

if you need help with it, id be willing to help for free(and im sure there are others on this board who are technically savvy who are willing to help as well...just something to consider.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 02:03:55 PM »
Wow, I thought someone would know where a decent chat room was for law school students.  I guess there isn't one close to the scope of this website.  To change the subject, does anyone know of any other decent discussion boards?  LSI's (lawschoolinsider.com) isn't bad, but this is better.  I really haven't found others worth mentioning.

Others are not worth mentioning.  LSD is all there is.  Nothing else exists.  You are getting sleepy. Verrrry sleeeepy....

;D