Law School Discussion

The Florida thread - for those who live, study, or plan to work in Florida

SplitFinger

• I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
Re: The Florida thread - for those who live, study, or plan to work in Florida
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2006, 11:39:07 AM »
that curbing growth article terrified me...i'm already ready to move since my once nice and quiet apartment complex i going to have a SUPER TARGET next door  >:(

Maka!!!

How's LS?

SplitFinger

• I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2006, 11:42:16 AM »
Lots of times if it's the latter, they hate Florida because they think it's all Mickey Mouse and strip malls.

Yeah, I hear this a lot.  Drives me crazy.

Well, I dunno.  I lived in Florida for something like 13 years, and even though it never really caught on, I think there was some justification to my one-man campaign to have the state change their motto from "The Sunshine State" to "The Strip Mall State".

Granted, it's not all (yet) strip malls, but it seemed like if you had more than 2 homes nearby, the next thing to go up was going to be a strip mall...

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2006, 11:46:02 AM »
Lots of times if it's the latter, they hate Florida because they think it's all Mickey Mouse and strip malls.

Yeah, I hear this a lot.  Drives me crazy.

Well, I dunno.  I lived in Florida for something like 13 years, and even though it never really caught on, I think there was some justification to my one-man campaign to have the state change their motto from "The Sunshine State" to "The Strip Mall State".

Granted, it's not all (yet) strip malls, but it seemed like if you had more than 2 homes nearby, the next thing to go up was going to be a strip mall...

Yeah, that's true, but generally they're not any worse than what we have in other states. (Come down the road near me- just as bad as Florida.) International Drive is in its own horrible genre of Strip Mall awfulness.

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2006, 01:55:42 PM »
P!nko, don't listen to him.  Haulover is a nude beach.  I'm from Miami, so feel free to ask me anything.

Just don't trust blue anymore. 
Thnx for the warning. Anyway, I'm visiting my sister down there and the way she describes it is very different from where I'm from (asides from the climate) And just the lingo is different than what my sister was used to when she just moved out there.

Where are you from?  And when are you coming?

That sounds sort of weird to me. I don't think of my area as having any of its own lingo.

TheCanadian

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2006, 08:11:15 AM »
P!nko, don't listen to him.  Haulover is a nude beach.  I'm from Miami, so feel free to ask me anything.

Just don't trust blue anymore. 
Thnx for the warning. Anyway, I'm visiting my sister down there and the way she describes it is very different from where I'm from (asides from the climate) And just the lingo is different than what my sister was used to when she just moved out there.

Where are you from?  And when are you coming?
I'm from Manitoba, and I'm visiting in August, and maybe next December as well for my 21st b-day.

->Soon

• View Profile

« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2006, 03:31:17 PM »
Insurers' hurricane experts already predicting above-average 2007season

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/local/sfl-128hurricaneexperts,0,7130136.story?coll=sfla-business-headlines

Well I think they predicted that this year as well and it so didn't happen. Let's not mention the "mild" winter with the coldest December temperatures in years and some places had the earliest snow ever on record.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2006, 07:16:01 AM »
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-sairports10xdec10,0,5530752.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

man, florida is going to suck more and more...

Aviation employs 1 million people and pumps $90 billion into Florida's gross product each year.

those stats are wrong though...

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2006, 08:16:54 PM »
hey split!  ask me when grades come out  :D ;)...i like my school and love my class.  going to love the 35 days off even more!
how are you?

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2006, 08:18:21 PM »
hey, baby!