Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Nova Southeastern vs. Kentucky vs. New York Law  (Read 1176 times)

Aida7

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Nova Southeastern vs. Kentucky vs. New York Law
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2005, 11:20:24 PM »
Yeah, I've heard good things about Kentucky in itself, but the facilities weren't the greatest and the building looked very small and limited; this all turned me off.  Nova on the other hand, was beautiful, very modern and with a good location.  NYLS was in the middle, it had 4 buildings, but they were also somewhat run down.  Of course it IS right in NYC which I would like.  But FL is where my family (and long-time bf) is, so it's a big debate.  I know UK is going to have a new building, but by the time it's finished I will prob have graduated, which kinda sucks! :-[  It's also small compared to the other two.  Any advice on whether a small school or big school is better?  I want to get to know a lot of pple, but I also don't want a high school feel.  Diversity is also a big factor for me, and UK wasn't high up there for that.  But Lex. was truly beautiful and I'm sure it has its pluses.  Otherwise I'm kinda hoping to hear from Miami or FSU!  Thanks for the input you all ;D
NYU 3.4/150
in @ U.Kentucky ($$), NYLS ($$), Nova, Pace($), Syracuse, In at UF (for fall) off waitlist 8/20/05
WL @ Miami, Brooklyn, UF, Miss, Albany
hold @ FSU
rej @ UGA, W&L,

mzmatia81

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2005, 11:50:35 PM »
I hear that nova doesn't begin giving money until there class is full............. Which that really sucks

starter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 11:51:56 AM »
definitely Kentucky

Aida7

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kentucky vs. New York Law
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2005, 07:17:56 PM »
I am thinking about going to NYLS.  I want to practice in FL or NYC and NOT in KY.  Univ of Kentucky is in the middle of nowhere, and though many say it's just 3 years, it's a whole lot more than that when you are stuck somewhere you don't like.  Be it top 50 as it may, I have no intention of working anywhere near KY or in it.  So I'm pretty sure I am going to end up at NYLS, despite the high price.  Having gone to school in the city for 4 years, it would kill me not to return.  Another area in which KY is lacking is diversity, and NYC has plenty. Thanks for the responses. :-*
NYU 3.4/150
in @ U.Kentucky ($$), NYLS ($$), Nova, Pace($), Syracuse, In at UF (for fall) off waitlist 8/20/05
WL @ Miami, Brooklyn, UF, Miss, Albany
hold @ FSU
rej @ UGA, W&L,