Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Preptest #36 (Games only)  (Read 1270 times)

M2

Preptest #36 (Games only)
« on: June 01, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »
I got a  17/23 which is unfortunately consistent with my last few tests.

Did anyone else get screwed on game #3? I just couldn't make enough inferences to efficiently diagram it.
I wasted a bunch of time on it without answering any of the questions (I dont guess during my practice exams...i will on the real thing though)

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: Preptest #36 (Games only)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 01:00:27 PM »
I got a  17/23 which is unfortunately consistent with my last few tests.

Did anyone else get screwed on game #3? I just couldn't make enough inferences to efficiently diagram it.
I wasted a bunch of time on it without answering any of the questions (I dont guess during my practice exams...i will on the real thing though)

can you put up the game?
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

M2

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 01:08:28 PM »
in the process of typing it up now..one sec

M2

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 01:14:41 PM »
Gutierrez, Hoffman, Immamura, Kelly, Lapas and Moore ride a bus together. Each sits facing forward in a different one of the six seats on the left side of the bus. The seats are in consecutive rows numbered 1, 2 ,3 from front to back. Each row has exactly two seats: a window seat, and an aisle seat.
The following conditions must apply.

Hoffman occupies the aisle seat immediately behind Gutierrez's aisle seat.
If Moore occupiees an aisle seat, Hoffman sits in the same row as Lapas.
If Gutierrez sits in the same row as Kelly, Moore occupies the seat immediately and directly behind Immamura's seat.
If Kelly occupies a window seat, Moore sits in row 3.
If kelly sits in row 3, Immamura sits in row 1.

I'm not going to type up the whole game because its pretty long...but if anyone could help with the initial diagram + inferences that would be great.

I will post how i constructed it later..

nathanielmark

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 01:32:33 PM »
M2, i scored 18/23 on this one.

game 3 was tough even with a perfect setup.  it looks like you did what i did and skipped it for last.  ive gone thru and worked thru it without timing and none of the rules really fit well so it requires a lot of thinking/work for each question.

i would consider 17/23  a good score for games, but maybe my standards for games are lower then yours now.

M2

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 01:39:02 PM »
I forgot that I had the Ultimate Setups Guide...so im going ot look at their solution.

It's not that I think 17/23 is bad by any means...in fact it would have given me a 167 (assuming that I miss 3 on each RC, LR which is my worse case situation for those sections) I would be happy with this on a real test.

Im really just trying to push through the 170 barrier, and need 20/23 to do it  (again assuming worse case)

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 01:41:13 PM »

W    A
1  ___  ___
2  ___  ___
3  ___  ___

H not in 1
G not in 3
in Aisle: G, H
if M in Aisle, everyone else is Window
If G and K sit together, G is in row 1, K in Row 1/W, M in row 3/w, I in row 2/w.

the last 2 rules state the same inferences from rule 3.

i hope i read this correctly.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'