Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Incoming Pepperdine Students- Living Arrangements  (Read 566 times)

Precise

• View Profile
Incoming Pepperdine Students- Living Arrangements
« on: April 30, 2005, 05:16:20 PM »
Are any of you set with your living arrangements? I'm finding that its ridiculously hard to find affordable housing  ???

golfman

• View Profile
Re: Incoming Pepperdine Students- Living Arrangements
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 05:35:28 PM »
I went to undergrad at Pupperdine and let me tell you it is EXPENSIVE. If you would like to live in Malibu your apartment options are limited. There are the Bella Mar apartments starting at roughly 2500 for a one bedroom and 3600 for a 2 bedroom. There is another apartment complex in Malibu but im not sure of the name...its nickname is the stincky's because it f ing wreaks there. But if you decide that living in Malibu is too expensive, which i did the last 2 years of undergrad, than your best option is to move to Calabasas, a 15 minute drive through the canyon. I went through a real estate agent and found a very nice condo, 2000 square feet 2 car garage, for "only" 1800 including water and trash. But be prepared to spend a lot of money on anything you do/buy. Good luck and by the way get ready for an extremely conservative education!!!

BAFF213

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 08:26:26 PM »
Don't they have on-campus graduate student housing?

golfman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 01:04:12 PM »
Yes they do have graduate housing but it is MORE expensive to live on campus. My memory wants to tell me its more than 1100 a month just  for the room compared to 900 off-campus with a roomie...and just to let you know no alcohol will be allowed in your room and you cant be in "sexual comprimising" situation in your apartment. Basically you have try and hide the blonde bimbo ur f-ing and not be loud because you can get in big trouble... im serious!!!

Precise

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 04:50:33 PM »
word.. graduate housing isnt an option for me. I'm gonna try to find a roomie in the santa monica area.

golf, i've talked to several students and they all say that the graduate programs arent nearly as conservative as undergrad. thoughts? I'm prepared for the culture shock tho.... i know pepperdine is a total change from my undergrad (long beach state).

anybody need a roomie? pm me

freeulysses

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 09:46:13 AM »
I'm still keeping my options open as far as housing goes - gave the school a deposit on married student housing, but a.) it's expensive and b.) they won't guarantee availability.