Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Advice PLEASE!!  (Read 1333 times)

lifeofanarchy

• View Profile
    • Email
Advice PLEASE!!
« on: June 01, 2004, 10:10:19 AM »
Ok, here is the deal. I got wait listed at Vandy and got into Wake. My stats are 3.65 GPA and 162. I need to know if I should stick around and wait for Vandy's response or if I should just count that as a "Thanks for the check" and move on.

waitlistUofR

• View Profile
Re: Advice PLEASE!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 02:13:48 PM »
Make your plans for Wake and should you receive word from Vandy, make a decision to jump ship or stay where you are.  I always favor keeping my options as open as possible.

Boxergirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • gpa 3.45/lsat 156
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 02:16:14 PM »
Go ahead and plan on Wake...Vandy has waitlisted TONS of people this year...(actually, it's been a trend of theirs for a while)...and chances are pretty slim that you'll end up getting off the waitlist (sorry)...although, anything is possible...Don't give up a chance to go to Wake and then find yourself with NO options in the end...

lifeofanarchy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 04:16:40 PM »
Thanks, I figured it was a slim possibility. Looks like I am Wake bound.

hyox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 02:48:41 PM »
ha... oddly enough, my experience is the exact opposite. I was fortunate enough to be admitted at Vandy,  yet waitlisted at Wake. Although it may be stupid of me, I am still holding out for Wake on the waitlist. I don't know if I would even go or not, but the reason has to do with geography and love. Am I crazy?? Does anyone think it would be fairly easy to transfer from Vandy to an NC law school after year 1?

palestino

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 04:17:48 PM »
its never easy to tranfer anywhere....

unless you drop a couple teirs yo