Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: should I apply? Late application request letter from cardozo  (Read 646 times)

marimour

• cant waitl till I hear from every school!!!!
    • View Profile
should I apply? Late application request letter from cardozo
« on: April 30, 2005, 12:09:16 PM »
I got a big backet in the mail from cardozo today encouaging me to apply.  It also said that it was not too late for the fall class and to call if I want an application or to visit.  btw I am urm and ,most of the packet talked about the diversity of the school.
GPA 3.0 from an IVY LSAT 158+160/2.   :-\
GPA:3.0 LSAT:160
IN:Howard$$$, Temple
Waitlist:Loyola-LA, GMU, Northeastern
Out: Miami, Emory, GULC
Still Waiting: Cardozo etc

NJHandyGirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Are you listening or are you waiting to talk?
    • View Profile
Re: should I apply? Late application request letter from cardozo
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 12:43:52 PM »
I received the same package..."Opportunities for Students of Color at Cardozo." Unless you really want to attend and they offered a fee waiver, I wouldn't bother. From the posts I've read here, they send out those packages in order to increase the applicant pool, so that when they post their acceptance rate it is lower...as a result, makes thm seem more competitive.

Check out lawschoolnumbers.com to see what types of applicants were accepted by Cardozo.

That being said, it can not hurt if you want to spend the $65. As we've seen, anything can happen. Good luck!
Attending: Georgia State
I'm not a lawyer, I just watch one on TV.

Ragnar Danneskjold

• Sr. Citizen
  • Atlas Shrugged...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 03:22:15 PM »
Villanova sent me a packet like that in feb. I kind of didn't care because with my numbers, i thought they would not accept me at all. But it was a free app, so i sent it in, and they accepted me. Now i did not get any money (my own fault) but i think you should do it if it is free. More options are good, and Cardozo is a pretty decent school.

I say go for it! :)
I'm an NYC boy, 153/3.3

ATTENDING: Santa Clara w/$$$
Accepted: Marquette($), Villanova, Howard, Univ. San Francisco($) 
Out: Boston College, Temple, Michigan State Univ.
Wait List: Seattle Univ., Univ. Pittsburgh, Rutgers-Newark, Syracuse

CheezWiz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 05:43:28 AM »
Got the same thing.  I'm also a URM and I have pretty shabby numbers.  There was no fee waiver in mine... the way I see it a law school is never going to tell me it's too late to give them $65.00.  If I'm not worth reviewing for free do they REALLY want people like me?