Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 2265 times)

unicorngt1983

• View Profile
Deleted
« on: April 30, 2005, 12:30:26 AM »
Deleted

needhelp

• View Profile
Re: Fordham
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 11:28:50 AM »
So rejected at that crappy, baselike school in the ghetto today.  Do you think the fact that they pended me and said I could send supplementary material which I failed to hurt me?  Not that I care...seeing as if you add together the scores of the school I was accepted to (Minnesota) and the school I am on the reserve list at (Cornell) that the rank is still lower than Fordham's.  I just wish I rejected them before they rejected me. I really should mail them my copy of the US News to inform them that their rank is a heck of a lot lower than mine.

I hear you.  I was rejected but Fordham but was accepted to both Georgetown and Michigan.  I might scan my admission letters and send it to them just for the heck of it. 

What are your numbers? 

ewrwalton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 04:55:05 PM »
I think it's everyone being obsessed with NYC, because even tho I didnt get into a school rated much higher (BU), it's still rated higher. Cardoza waitlisted me also. The best part is that I found out yesterday by using the online status checker, and all it says is denied.

Franz

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 05:25:19 PM »
So rejected at that crappy, baselike school in the ghetto today.  Do you think the fact that they pended me and said I could send supplementary material which I failed to hurt me?  Not that I care...seeing as if you add together the scores of the school I was accepted to (Minnesota) and the school I am on the reserve list at (Cornell) that the rank is still lower than Fordham's.  I just wish I rejected them before they rejected me. I really should mail them my copy of the US News to inform them that their rank is a heck of a lot lower than mine.

get over yourself

kristay

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 06:15:22 PM »
The OP made this same type of post when rejected by NYU.

hammer101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 09:45:36 AM »
Sounds like somebody's suffering from a really bad case of entitlement disease.
We want a society where people are free to make choices, to make mistakes, to be generous and compassionate. This is what we mean by a moral society; not a society where the state is responsible for everything, and no one is responsible for the state.
--Margaret Thatcher

legallady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 11:42:31 AM »
SCARY!!!!!

unicorngt1983 --  You said your app was pulled because you had a special recommendation, right? And then you got rejected?? I pulled some strings myself (I interned at a nonprofit where the executive director is on the faculty at Fordham and had her write a letter for me), and now my app on the statuschecker says "APPLICATION NOT FOUND". I called them and they told me I was still waitlisted, but holy crap am I terrified now.
In: NOWHERE!
Waitlist: GW, Fordham, American
Out: Ha! Many... but let's focus on the semi-positive at this point, shall we?

lex19

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 02:24:10 PM »
yeah don't worry legal, it's still there same thing happened to me, it took them forever to let me know why though, which pissed me off

and unicorn, if you think fordham is so ghetto and second rate why did you bother applying could have saved yourself a couple of dollars, be happy that you got into where you did, cause there's a slew of people who didn't get into anyplae at all

lex19

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 02:52:43 PM »
then get over it, especially if you got into a school that you actually would like to attend, i'm just saying there's no need for your attitude when LSD is a community to come to for support, at least that's what i've found, and it's not like fordham is some "third tier toilet" which is another obnoxious term

legallady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 03:48:32 PM »
Lex, at this point everything makes me panic! I just want to go to friggin' law school. Have you heard back from Fordham yet? Are you waitlisted? I can't remember!

Re: Fordham. I'm of the frame of mind that *anyone* who goes to law school has to be super motivated, so I don't buy this whole "TTT" nonsense. But, that aside, Fordham IS one of the top 30 schools in the country; that's hardly 'baselike' and I'm glad I even still have a shot. Also, since when is Lincoln Center in Manhattan "the ghetto"??

Unicorn, you got into some really good schools. You should be quietly proud of that instead of starting threads about how every school ranked below Yale is not worth your time.
In: NOWHERE!
Waitlist: GW, Fordham, American
Out: Ha! Many... but let's focus on the semi-positive at this point, shall we?