Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USD , Schew! That Small Envelope Could Have Been Worse.  (Read 1333 times)

danno51

• MSN Messenger - dannyeverakes
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - daneverakes
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: USD , Schew! That Small Envelope Could Have Been Worse.
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 03:19:24 PM »
Usd's seat deposit dates are 150 dollars on April 1 and 500 by june 1.  I doubt there is a waitlist fee, maybe the 650 number u heard is just the first 2 deposits for accepted applicants.  Good luck to everyone
Heading to USD in August, Viva San Diego

DLAW

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2005, 05:04:34 PM »
Was wondering, did you guys answer "yes" to the question which asks you whether you would accept the part-time if not admitted to full-time? If you did and you were WL, did they WL you on both FT and PT?
I was under the impression that if you answered yes, that meant that if you were denied or WL for the FT slot, you were then automatically evaluated for the part-time slot and given a decision.
"

colforbin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »
I'm not one to answer because I only checked the PT box. I'm curious to find out though because I'm sure it will have an effect on whether or not there is space for me.

soupnazi

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2005, 08:48:09 PM »
schew ??

colforbin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2005, 08:51:13 PM »
bless you.

soupnazi

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2005, 08:53:21 PM »
thanks

Heel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2005, 09:14:17 PM »
FWIW, I only applied for FT (i.e., would not accept a PT position) and I got put on the WL.  The form I am supposed to send in says to check which WL I would like to be put on - FT, PT, or both.

Dunno if that helps...

hunterhogan

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.19/173
    • View Profile
    • www.hunterthinks.com
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2005, 11:28:17 AM »
I got my waitlist notification dated 28 April. However, I sent my withdrawal by email on 28 March.

Based on the other stories of slow/odd responses from USD, I have images of their admissions office using feather pens, ink-pots, papyrus, and abacuses to go through the admissions process.

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
  • What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 08:42:19 PM »
Was wondering, did you guys answer "yes" to the question which asks you whether you would accept the part-time if not admitted to full-time? If you did and you were WL, did they WL you on both FT and PT?
I was under the impression that if you answered yes, that meant that if you were denied or WL for the FT slot, you were then automatically evaluated for the part-time slot and given a decision.

I wrote about this in another thread..  I spoke with their Dean of Admissions at length about this topic, and here's what he said:  PT does NOT always mean you were rejected for FT.  They placed a lot of "strong" late applicants (like myself) into PT because they need to maintain consistency between PT and FT.  At USD, you are allowed to transfer between PT and FT and then back again.  In order to let people do this, the students have to be somewhat equivalent.  I also asked if I were to send in a seat deposit and check FT waitlist, is that a real waitlist or now since you're on the hook do they not care?  He got a very serious look and said, "No, you're absolutely considered if you check that box."  He also told me that if what it took to get me to USD was FT, he would put me in there... so they're not as inflexible as it may seem.

I applied to FT with "would consider PT" checked. 
USD 2L

pooksupreme

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2005, 08:00:32 PM »
Were you complete late or did you apply after the February 1st priority deadline?  I wasn't complete until late march and applied to both FT and PT.  I was sort of upset and surprised to be put on the waitlist for FT.  I was accepted PT.  My numbers were 3.71, 160.  I am from SD and heard that 70% of PT students transfer to the FT program their second year.  The other 30%  want to stay PT.   It's not real bad for me, then and confirms the mobility and strength of both progs.  Also I spoke with someone in admissions Friday and they said they give priority to those on the waitlist who are already in the PT prog.  Kinda bugs that strong candidates were waitlisted.  I guess many spots were filled early.  I really want FT.  Does anyone know if Loyola's PT and FT progs are comprable?