Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help Boston College or George Washington - International Law  (Read 2933 times)

ajumper

• AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergalway
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLease help,

Was pretty decided on BC and then acceptance from GW came today.

Am looking at international law eventually but also want to like living in the city that i will be studying in.  Currently living in Boston.
Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rejected by many but.....
In at BC and GWU.
Now what?

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Help Boston College or George Washington - International Law
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 03:18:32 PM »
ajumper,

Well I can sympathize with your situation due to having gone through it myself.  I am also looking into international law, so I assume we are looking at a lot of the same factors.

I am not sure if you have visited GW, but that would probably be a good idea. GW's campus has a lot more in common with BU than with BC as far as location goes, but GW's buildings are much nicer than BU's and closer to BC level. GW is in walking distance to pretty much all the major sights, which is impressive. I don't place a lot of stock in talking to people while on campus, since it can be hit or miss and probably not something you should base your decision on. Someone might just be having a bad day. However, both BC and GW seemed to have friendly environments.

As for how I decided on BC, they gave me more money than GW, I live in Boston now and I like the city, and living in Boston after graduation is fine with me.  Although I'm interested in Int. Law, I sort of discounted that out of the equation and looked at location instead.  I might not be as interested in Int. Law as I thought and most likely I will be a generalist anyways. GW obviously has the upper hand for government work/internships due to location, but I wasn't sure it would make that much of a difference to leave Boston, especially since I'd like to work at a private firm.

So when I went to go visit GW having seen BC, I suppose they were about tied, with BC having the edge due to the ease of transition.  I pretty much would have had to LOVE GW's campus to have left Boston, and that didn't happen.

Ok, this was a little long winded but I hope it helps in some way.

ajumper

• AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergalway
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 06:22:41 PM »
Thanks,

Vsiting GW in about a week and half, soonest i could get away. 
So we shall see.  BC has also given me a lot of money which is looking pretty attractive at the moment.
Rejected by many but.....
In at BC and GWU.
Now what?

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 03:44:29 PM »
well i'm sure a visit will do a lot for you.  Good luck with your decision!

nubova

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

mascguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 08:55:23 PM »
I presume this post is dead, but just in case, I think GW may be the better option in terms of Int'l Law.  For the international flavor, DC simply can't be beat, and GW's reputation as a university continues to grow. 

waitingsucks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 01:59:22 PM »
GW as a slightly better school and with a better location for "international law" (quite the 0L cliche) is the obvious choice.

miller

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 12:02:18 AM »
If you dont get into a T14, BC and GW are probably the two best schools outside of the T14 to attend for this program. I think you are going to be stuck deciding whether you want to live in DC or Boston for the next couple of years. Personal choice.

carpe diem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005, 12:04:34 AM »
GW all the way...