Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dear School that Dinged Me, .... AND THE TALE OF GYORGY  (Read 2723 times)

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dear School that Dinged Me, .... AND THE TALE OF GYORGY
« on: April 29, 2005, 04:20:25 PM »
This thread is to allow those of us who have been dinged by any particular school to send out a special message to that school.  I will go ahead and start it out with Seton Hall, as they have a special place in my heart being my first ding.  :-*

Dear Seton Hall,

Go blow a goat.

Love,

Brewha

There, I feel much better.  Let the messaging begin.
pudding is delightful

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dear School that Dinged Me, ....
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 05:43:09 PM »
surely we have some nice messages for those schools that thought enough of us to reject us.
pudding is delightful

CamJansen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 05:45:31 PM »
Dear Admissions Committee:

I recently received your letter of rejection for admittance in to the School of Law, and I was relieved to learn that you did not find me to be a qualified applicant. I am actually quite used to rejection. You should have seen me last night! Apparently cute girls only go for guys with a median GPA of 3.8 and an LSAT of 172. Or maybe that's you.

The real reason I am writing you is to tell you that while most other students are rushing to their mailboxes to see if you guys sent them an update on their application status, I am actually going to check for my newest Netflix. I was extremely stoked to find a copy of I Heart Huckabees in my mailbox this week. Have you seen it? There's this dynamic duo of existential detectives that help various characters figure out the significance of their beings. Also, in the movie Jason Schwartzman almost makes it cool to have chest hair again, which I am pretty stoked about. Can chest hair count as a subjective factor in your admissions decisions? It should. I am totally 99th percentile material there.

I also wanted to send you an update on my applicant profile. Since I last wrote, I retook the LSAT and improved my score by like a bagizillion points. Furthermore, I am currently gainfully employed in a variety of different positions. I deliver subpoenas as a bike messenger, which has given me an insider's view of the legal process and a newfound appreciation for traffic laws. I am a host and bouncer at a café, which has given me an opportunity to enforce the law. And finally, I work in a bakery, which probably has no relevance at all to any future legal career that I might have. Although, as a cake salesman, I have learned how to lie effectively, which I have heard might come in handy one day in the court rooms.

For example, last night this guy came in and asked for a cake. He asked me to write "Happy Birthday Ed" on the cake. Simple enough. I'm pretty much an amateur in the world of cake-decorating but it would be unprofessional for me to tell people this, so I am basically living a lie. Usually I decorate the cake quickly, tape up the box and send people on their way. After I was done writing "Happy Birthday Ed" sloppily in cursive blue icing, I looked up and the man was staring at me like I had just scribbled in magic marker all over the upholstery of his living room furniture or something. I felt obliged to ask, "How does that look sir?". He said, "Honestly? I didn't want to tell you this earlier but I used to do this professionally." He was quite nice about it, but I felt like a moron. I gave him a free cookie for giving me his honest opinion. I asked him what he does now and he told me he was a writer.

My point is, if this whole law school thing doesn't work out, there's other options.

Sincerely,
Me

read it here..
http://themarkpike.blogspot.com/2005/04/dear-admissions-committee.html

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 06:54:09 PM »
Just for the record, the above post is hillarious.  Nice work
pudding is delightful

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 06:57:48 PM »
Dear Harvard,

Good call. With your applicant pool, I would reject me too. ;).
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

soupnazi

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 07:02:04 PM »
Dear Santa Clara,

enjoy your TTT status.

sincerely,
soup nazi

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 07:07:31 PM »
Dear UNLV,

Thank you for not tempting me with the option to live next door to the Bellagio.  Four weeks into the school year, I would be 50K in debt to a guy named Fat Tony who would be breaking my kneecaps at first sight. 
pudding is delightful

NJHandyGirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Are you listening or are you waiting to talk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 07:41:33 PM »
Dear University of Miami,
I was truly devastated by your rejection letter.
Considering I presently live in NJ, it would have been really nice to spend the next three years in sunny, southern Florida. However, I must admit studying by the beach would have been a major distraction. Well...maybe not the beach itself, but the beautiful, tanned, half-dressed, muscular bodies that hang out by the cabanas, sipping Margaritas and pumping iron, muscles rippling, with Colgate smiles and...oh yeah...um, thanks for the rejection letter and have a nice day.
Attending: Georgia State
I'm not a lawyer, I just watch one on TV.

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 07:49:29 PM »
I wonder if we should make up letters for the schools that we haven't heard from yet telling them to get their asses into gear and accept us already.
pudding is delightful

LaneSwerver

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 07:53:13 PM »
Dear Willamette University,

Thank you for your kind note about my rejection. Where are you again?

s/Me