Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Headed to USD?..Who are you and where are you from?  (Read 20443 times)

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
  • What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Headed to USD?..Who are you and where are you from?
« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2005, 09:04:16 PM »

Well, I'm going to be living at Archstone....so I must be out of control. ;) :)  JUST KIDDING.  Don't worry, I didn't take offense to anything you said.  Rent is expensive, there is no two ways about it.  I'm getting a two bedroom apt and the total rent is appx $1800, plus $45 per month for a garage (optional).  It's worth it to me because I feel safe there, and I like that it is new/clean, and there's also a great pool and fitness room.  Not to mention the great location--close to everything.

AZWildcat, your house (apartment?) looks gorgeous though.  I grew up in a house close to the beach and it was fabulous.  Have fun there!  Hope you can find another law student willing to pay that kind of rent.  Did you send in the roommate sheet to USD?  That would probably be the easiest way.

ps- let me know when the party is, i'll be there... hahaha ;)

Haha good post.  By the way my name is Dennis, not AZWildcat (stunned I know :) ).  I didn't put my name anywhere on here because you never knew who might be looking in, but now it doesn't matter.

I'd assume that you already have a roommate?  Who I'm really appealing to is the person who is looking at getting crushed in a one bedroom apartment.  According to their website, it'd be ~$1400.  $1900 is what I'd want in general, but I was thinking about it more, for a law student I'd split the rent, so $1750.  That's $350 more than Archstone, and look at where you're at and what you get.  My impression of the high rent apartments was that they were filled with 19 year old party kids, snorting on the weekend at best, spending dad's money.  Obviously you didn't see it that way, so I'd be interested to hear why I'm wrong.

I'll be filling out the roommate form tonight.  It's a condo, takes the second and third (top) stories.
USD 2L

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
  • What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2005, 09:04:51 PM »
3800 seems awfully high for a 2br.

This is a 3br 2bath, 2 story penthouse on the ocean that looks almost exactly the same for $3500;

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/apa/81454943.html

Maybe it looks exactly the same... because it is?
USD 2L

kmp783

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2005, 09:00:47 PM »

Haha good post.  By the way my name is Dennis, not AZWildcat (stunned I know :) ).  I didn't put my name anywhere on here because you never knew who might be looking in, but now it doesn't matter.

I'd assume that you already have a roommate?  Who I'm really appealing to is the person who is looking at getting crushed in a one bedroom apartment.  According to their website, it'd be ~$1400.  $1900 is what I'd want in general, but I was thinking about it more, for a law student I'd split the rent, so $1750.  That's $350 more than Archstone, and look at where you're at and what you get.  My impression of the high rent apartments was that they were filled with 19 year old party kids, snorting on the weekend at best, spending dad's money.  Obviously you didn't see it that way, so I'd be interested to hear why I'm wrong.

I'll be filling out the roommate form tonight.  It's a condo, takes the second and third (top) stories.

Yep, I have a roommate...a friend of a friend, we hit it off immediately, I'm definitely excited.  I'm sure there is a fair share of undergrad party kids at Archstone (and every complex in Mission Valley), but that doesn't really bother me too much.  After all, I'm not THAT far removed from them--I just graduated 2 weeks ago (no coke for me tho! lol).  That's not to say that I'm a huge party girl, but still.  Seriously though, I was just looking for a really "nice" apartment complex.  Maybe I'm being completely superficial, but I wanted a clean, well-kept, new-ish place, and Archstone pretty much fit the bill.  The rent didn't seem outrageous to me for what you get (keep in mind, I'm coming from Orange County, housing costs are comparable here).

So does anyone have any idea what our class schedule will be like every day?  I wish I had some idea...I like to plan things well in advance! haha :)

katesq

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 03, 2005, 02:25:55 AM »
yeah, i'm also curious about our schedule. does anyone know how they decide which 3 classes we'll get?

LionelPutz

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 08, 2005, 05:36:49 PM »
Now that the deadline for the roomate list is here, does anybody know when USD plans on sending those lists out and will they be available online also?

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 08, 2005, 08:19:35 PM »
I believe that notice we got with the signup said they would be sent on the 11 or 12th.

DreaAZ

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 10, 2005, 12:07:59 AM »
Just curious to see where everyone is re: loans (that is assuming that you are actually taking out loans....)  For example, what providers have you all chosen, etc. You know, all the really fun stuff ;)

Also, when is everybody planning on moving to San Diego?  I can't believe orientation is in just over a month!  Hope everyone is enjoying the last of their summer!

LawDeeDa

• View Profile
APARTMENT
« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2005, 02:10:08 PM »
Hello! I am a 2L that was accepted to USD as a transfer. I will probably (90% certain) be attending there unless I get in to another school I applied to.

I have a room available in a two-bedroom apartment in Mission Valley (close to school; no freeway needed to get to school, just drive down Friars Rd). Quiet roommate wanted; no smoking, no drugs, studious, easy-going, clean/neat in common areas, cat OK.

It's also possible I will be moving out so the entire apartment would be for rent, but I won't know until I see if I get in to the LA I school I applied to.

So if you are looking for a room, or for a two-bedroom apt, email me for more info:
flaviaberys (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thanks!

LionelPutz

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 12, 2005, 04:34:23 PM »
Bad News for those of us waiting on the roommate list, I called today and they said even though the deadline passed they're still waiting on some people's information and the list won't be sent out for another week.  :-\

danno51

• MSN Messenger - dannyeverakes
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - daneverakes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: July 12, 2005, 05:33:40 PM »
Damn, that is crazy how last minute the roommate list is.  If its another week before it comes out, that is less than a month before orientation.  I got nervous about waiting on the list, so i just signed a lease for a studio down in Mission Beach, right across the street from the beach.  i got a killer deal, 750 dollars and a month to month lease.  Now everything is really starting to set in for me, its getting so close.  My lease actually starts in a week and a half but I dont think im moving down till the first week in August.  What about the rest of you, when are you coming down?  We still need to plan that LSD happy hour as well.  My suggestion is Old Town San Diego for a margarita.  Oh and I went with Access for my loans
Heading to USD in August, Viva San Diego