Law School Discussion

Headed to USD?..Who are you and where are you from?

AZWildcat

• What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Headed to USD?..Who are you and where are you from?
« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2005, 10:30:53 PM »
I am signing a lease tomorrow and I NEED a roommate!  I'll take possession August 1st. 

It's in Ocean Beach, mere minutes from school.  1900 sq ft, granite counters, sub zero fridge, good sized bedroom, garage space, only need to pay for electricity (we'll split it obviously).  All of that for $1900/month

Here are three quick pictures..  Building is one the in the center, occupying the second and third stories.  What better to soothe your law school anxiety than the sounds of crashing waves? :)

dave303

• La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2005, 11:05:49 PM »
AZWildcat is that 1900 for 2 people (950 rent each) or 1900 rent each?

AZWildcat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2005, 12:00:22 AM »

Each

AZWildcat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2005, 12:00:46 AM »
Wow nice house AZwildcat! I'm thinking of leaving my beau and child so we can be roommates.

However the job gets done. :)

Hegel

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 30, 2005, 12:06:58 AM »
Nice place, but, Dude, that pad looks like it's gonna to fall into the ocean ;)

AZWildcat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: June 30, 2005, 01:13:41 AM »
Nice place, but, Dude, that pad looks like it's gonna to fall into the ocean ;)

Then I trust that one of my fellow colleagues will take it upon themselves to do what we do best; sue the crap out of them. :)

rm5400

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 30, 2005, 09:33:36 AM »

Each

What are you having Oprah's baby???  $1900 a month per person is a sh_tload even for California.  Nice place though.  I hope you're single because it would be a crime not to pull some ass at that place!  Oh yeah, and you should definetly take up cliff-diving.

AZWildcat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: June 30, 2005, 04:39:21 PM »

Each

What are you having Oprah's baby???  $1900 a month per person is a sh_tload even for California.  Nice place though.  I hope you're single because it would be a crime not to pull some ass at that place!  Oh yeah, and you should definetly take up cliff-diving.

Actually it's not expensive.. go check out Portifino, La Mirage, Archstone, etc apartments just down the street from USD in Mission Valley.  They want ~1500 for a one bedroom with garage-- they're sold out.  That is out of control, not this place. :)

And yes I'm single. :)  I'm sure we'll throw a few law school get togethers there too.  I'm just really hoping for a USD law roommate.

« Reply #178 on: June 30, 2005, 05:13:13 PM »
Portifino, La Mirage, Archstone, etc apartments just down the street from USD in Mission Valley.  They want ~1500 for a one bedroom with garage-- they're sold out.  That is out of control, not this place. :)

And yes I'm single. :)  I'm sure we'll throw a few law school get togethers there too.  I'm just really hoping for a USD law roommate.

Well, I'm going to be living at Archstone....so I must be out of control. ;) :)  JUST KIDDING.  Don't worry, I didn't take offense to anything you said.  Rent is expensive, there is no two ways about it.  I'm getting a two bedroom apt and the total rent is appx $1800, plus $45 per month for a garage (optional).  It's worth it to me because I feel safe there, and I like that it is new/clean, and there's also a great pool and fitness room.  Not to mention the great location--close to everything.

AZWildcat, your house (apartment?) looks gorgeous though.  I grew up in a house close to the beach and it was fabulous.  Have fun there!  Hope you can find another law student willing to pay that kind of rent.  Did you send in the roommate sheet to USD?  That would probably be the easiest way.

ps- let me know when the party is, i'll be there... hahaha ;)

dave303

• La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2005, 06:00:09 PM »
3800 seems awfully high for a 2br.

This is a 3br 2bath, 2 story penthouse on the ocean that looks almost exactly the same for $3500;

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/apa/81454943.html