Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Headed to USD?..Who are you and where are you from?  (Read 20835 times)

danno51

• MSN Messenger - dannyeverakes
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - daneverakes
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Headed to USD?..Who are you and where are you from?
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2005, 05:17:24 PM »
So what is everyone who hasn't found housing yet planning on doing and when are you moving to SD?  I am planning on moving at the end of July or first few days of August but i am a little worried that the roommate list is going to be too last minute, since i assume it won't be out until at least july 20th or so if we don't have to return the questionaire till July 8th.
Heading to USD in August, Viva San Diego

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2005, 05:22:23 PM »
I have family in San Diego so I'm just going to get housing when I move there in August. I think its just too risky to sign a lease on anything that I haven't seen myself except for university housing. An old friend of mine has an apartment in a complex in del mar thats very nice, 2br for 1600, but I don't think I'd want to live that far from school.

danno51

• MSN Messenger - dannyeverakes
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - daneverakes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2005, 05:45:06 PM »
Yeah, thats a good price for that place in Del MAr, and its  a really nice area, but i dont want to live that far either.  I have heard that the traffic around the freeways merging there has become nightmarish, everyone I know who lives down there complains about it.  I have seen some decent deals on craigslist on sdreader.com, but I am just worried that most of the good deals will get snatched up as all the college students move into town.  What part of SD are u planning on moving too, dave?  If anyone is interested in a roommate for an area close to campus, Im looking to spend up to 800 bucks a month per person on rent, PM me, I would like to have a place secured within the next few weeks
Heading to USD in August, Viva San Diego

LionelPutz

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2005, 06:24:06 PM »
USD really blew it on the roommate list. They should have mailed it out back in May with all that other info to the people who paid the 1st deposit and then have people send the questionnaire in with their 2nd deposit. This would have given us an extra month with the list to find housing. Needless to say, I'm not overly impressed with the competency of the admissions office.

DreaAZ

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2005, 08:06:39 PM »
Yeah, I'm kind of bummed about the roommate list too. I'm still planning on sending it in though.  I'm going to try to go visit San Diego the weekend after the 4th of July and hopefully drive around and get a feel for the area.  I'm planning on moving early August.  I've been looking on the internet, bit I'd rather physically see the place before I commit to anything....

kmp783

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2005, 08:40:40 PM »
Try roommates.com - I've never used it myself, but I have heard good things about it from other people.

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
  • What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2005, 09:02:45 PM »
Yeah, I'm kind of bummed about the roommate list too. I'm still planning on sending it in though.  I'm going to try to go visit San Diego the weekend after the 4th of July and hopefully drive around and get a feel for the area.  I'm planning on moving early August.  I've been looking on the internet, bit I'd rather physically see the place before I commit to anything....

Are you still in Tucson?
USD 2L

DreaAZ

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2005, 02:41:04 PM »
I'm in Scottsdale for the rest of the summer, but somehow find myself in Tucson quite frequently...

LionelPutz

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2005, 05:07:25 PM »
Does anybody know where the Friar's Village apartment/condo complex is in relation to USD? I've seen a lot of rooms/condo's for rent there on the housing page but can't seem to find a location for the place.

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
  • What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2005, 08:42:41 PM »
I'm in Scottsdale for the rest of the summer, but somehow find myself in Tucson quite frequently...

I'm in Tucson for the rest of the summer, but somehow find myself in Scottsdale quite frequently. :)

FYI:  All Arizona alumni will be expected to attend various basketball and football parties. ;)
USD 2L