Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Headed to USD?..Who are you and where are you from?  (Read 20830 times)

kmp783

• View Profile
Re: Headed to USD?..Who are you and where are you from?
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2005, 04:56:35 PM »
im most likely going to USD (full time).  im on the waitlist at usc and ucla, so if i get in either of those, things might change.  im 21, a girl, single, and have lived in orange county my whole life.  still trying to figure out where im gonna live down in SD.  my parents might buy me a condo, but we havent decided yet.  have you all thought about where you are going to live?

shortckt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rambling Wreck
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2005, 10:07:47 PM »
colforbin

I hope you get in USD of the WL, I would love to borrow that Jeep!!

kmp,

Not sure where I'll be living.  Will be looking to buy also.
Good luck with USD and UCLA.  YOu probably should take either one of those over USD.

sunset1021

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005, 02:16:04 PM »
Hi!  Sorry I kinda disappeared for a bit...

I'm excited to meet everyone and start this whole law school "thing"...I've been having some cold feet lately about actually starting law school, but after admit day and the reception, I'm feeling a lot less apprehensive  :)

I'm 23, an alumni of the University of Arizona, and have been living in SD for about a year since I graduated.  I have a steady boyfriend down here that I'm *pretty* attached to :) but no kids or marriage for me at least not during school...

As for housing, AZ keep your fellow wildcat in mind  ;) Haha, I'm going to start looking for apts soon in the Linda Vista, Bay Park, and Mission Valley area.  I want to try and stay near campus...I have this nightmare of showing up to class late and getting picked on by the prof...from the USD students I talked to so far, they all say the traffic in that area is not too bad, but parking can be a bit of a problem...
"Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die,
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly."  -Langston Hughes

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
  • What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2005, 02:37:30 AM »
Hey not a problem!  It would be very nice to have another Wildcat around.

Hi!  Sorry I kinda disappeared for a bit...

I'm excited to meet everyone and start this whole law school "thing"...I've been having some cold feet lately about actually starting law school, but after admit day and the reception, I'm feeling a lot less apprehensive  :)

I'm 23, an alumni of the University of Arizona, and have been living in SD for about a year since I graduated.  I have a steady boyfriend down here that I'm *pretty* attached to :) but no kids or marriage for me at least not during school...

As for housing, AZ keep your fellow wildcat in mind  ;) Haha, I'm going to start looking for apts soon in the Linda Vista, Bay Park, and Mission Valley area.  I want to try and stay near campus...I have this nightmare of showing up to class late and getting picked on by the prof...from the USD students I talked to so far, they all say the traffic in that area is not too bad, but parking can be a bit of a problem...
USD 2L

colforbin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2005, 02:49:31 AM »
 :o

shortckt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rambling Wreck
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2005, 03:15:52 PM »
Welcome back Sunset!

Linda Vista looks like a good choice near school.
As for me, I won't have to worry about parking since I will attending at night.
Although, the rush hour traffic may be bad coming from work in Del Mar area.

Looking forward to meeting everyone this fall.

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2005, 08:43:38 PM »
I should also mention that not only will I be looking for roommates, but employees as well.  If you like cars, good money, and LIGHT work, this is for you. :)
USD 2L

DreaAZ

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2005, 09:11:23 PM »
Well, looks like I too will be a fellow USD Law student this fall, FT program.  I'm very excited to say the least.
Lets see, I graduated from UofA this past December and I've got to say that I am very excited to see a few fellow Wildcats posting here!!. I've since moved back up to the Phoenix area and am now currently working Full-time, trying to save a little money so I can have a little cushion for the upcoming year-we'll see how long that lasts. I will turn 23 the SECOND DAY of class (so I guess Law School will be my birthday present?)
  Anyway, I'm very excited about attending USD.  My sister attended as an undergrad for a year, ended up transfering to UofA, so I'm a little familiar with the campus(beautiful comes to mind!)  I'm also looking forward to moving back to CA after all these years, I'm originally from the Bay Area but haven't actually lived in CA since well before I started grade school. (Ca born, grew up in Minnesota of all places, and went to high school and college in AZ)
  I'm also hoping to visit this summer, hopefully late May/early June to look into housing.
But other than that, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone this fall!

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2005, 09:26:01 PM »
Well, looks like I too will be a fellow USD Law student this fall, FT program.  I'm very excited to say the least.
Lets see, I graduated from UofA this past December and I've got to say that I am very excited to see a few fellow Wildcats posting here!!. I've since moved back up to the Phoenix area and am now currently working Full-time, trying to save a little money so I can have a little cushion for the upcoming year-we'll see how long that lasts. I will turn 23 the SECOND DAY of class (so I guess Law School will be my birthday present?)
  Anyway, I'm very excited about attending USD.  My sister attended as an undergrad for a year, ended up transfering to UofA, so I'm a little familiar with the campus(beautiful comes to mind!)  I'm also looking forward to moving back to CA after all these years, I'm originally from the Bay Area but haven't actually lived in CA since well before I started grade school. (Ca born, grew up in Minnesota of all places, and went to high school and college in AZ)
  I'm also hoping to visit this summer, hopefully late May/early June to look into housing.
But other than that, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone this fall!

Wow how exciting!  We'll have some serious U of A basketball/football parties at my house. :)  Congrats and welcome!  (Unless I go back to the U of A for law)
USD 2L

katesq

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2005, 10:55:37 PM »
When was admit day? Maybe I missed it because I wasn't admitted until the 26th????

Does anyone know if spouses can use the sports center and jenny craig pavillion? I work out with my fiance and was hoping we could both have an alternative to 24 Hour Fitness. Also, does anyone know how those facilities are?