Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: calling adcom  (Read 254 times)

JAPAUL25

• View Profile
calling adcom
« on: April 29, 2005, 02:35:48 AM »
what exactly do you say when you call? do you come up with questions? how do you assure ull get credit for calling, but make it seem legit? do you just come out and say, this is so and so and i just wanted to reconfirm my interest?

Lgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: calling adcom
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 05:10:38 AM »
I called before applying, and said I'd like to speak to somebody as I had several questions. I introduced myself (without saying my name) said that the school (BH) was my first choice and stated my queries, which the admissions officer proceeded to answer. It was a very satisfying conversation. And he asked me for my name, and put it on a computer, I believe.

If you're on a waitlist, I don't see any thing wrong with calling and saying 'hello, my name is X, and I am on your waitlist. I wanted to tell you that your school remains my top choice and to ask uou a few questions...'. I think if yo engage with the person they will want to take note of the call.

GO_PTO

• Sr. Citizen
  • my children... I have returned for law school!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - helios933
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 12:17:35 PM »
I called before applying, and said I'd like to speak to somebody as I had several questions. I introduced myself (without saying my name) said that the school (BH) was my first choice and stated my queries, which the admissions officer proceeded to answer. It was a very satisfying conversation. And he asked me for my name, and put it on a computer, I believe.

If you're on a waitlist, I don't see any thing wrong with calling and saying 'hello, my name is X, and I am on your waitlist. I wanted to tell you that your school remains my top choice and to ask uou a few questions...'. I think if yo engage with the person they will want to take note of the call.

This was at boalt?
(163+172)/3.5

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 12:38:46 PM »
yes, BH = Boalt Hall

Lgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile