Law School Discussion

Syracuse or Penn State Dickinson, which to attend?

Re: Syracuse or Penn State Dickinson, which to attend?
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 10:27:43 PM »
I posted this on another Syracuse thread that brought up crime, Wegmans, and Carousel Mall:

I went to SU undergrad and never really felt safe because it's in a dangerous area.  Don't walk around alone at night if you can help it.  However the crime shouldn't stop you from attending and enjoying your time up there.  No one I know (take that as you will) has been a victim of serious harm and anyways most law students live far enough from campus in Nob Hill that they're away from the more serious crime.

The downtown area grew on me throughout the years and my friends and I found plenty of cool places for dinner and drinks.  I miss it.  The shopping is ok at best - don't expect much.  You might feel landlocked but there's plenty of nature stuff to do in central NY.  Oh, and the local Wegmans is 24 hours.  Hope this info answers some of your concerns.

bruin

• View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 12:31:44 AM »
Don't know if this helps, but a friend of mine is a 1L at PSU-Dickinson. He likes the school; it is law school, so don't expect paradise, but for law school, ont bad. He was newly married when he started and from SoCal.

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 05:32:46 AM »
Oh, Wegmans is a huge plus for Syracuse!  If you've never been to a Wegmans, you don't understand...but if you have, every other grocery store pales in comparison. 

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2005, 08:34:17 AM »
i know!! Wegmans was my deciding factor in deciding to go to syracuse.

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2005, 09:30:06 AM »
Haha, yeah Wegmans was a huge pro for me when I considered Buffalo.  But it wasn't quite convincing enough.  Maybe I can convince Danny Wegman to open a store in Pittsburgh while I'm there for school.  Then my life would be perfect!

buslaw

• AOL Instant Messenger - ransomdoll
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2005, 01:08:15 PM »
does anyone know how competitive the students at Penn State are?

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2005, 03:38:03 PM »
I don't think they are very competitive.  When i went to visit, it seemed like a pretty laid back study body.  Apparently they will keep their books in the library, so there is no fear of getting your pages torn out. 

buslaw

• AOL Instant Messenger - ransomdoll
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2005, 09:01:30 AM »
That's good to hear. I think I want a school like that where the students are more laid back.