Law School Discussion

What R U Eating? Healthy Cooking

Lawprofessor

• Pony Up!
    • View Profile
Re: What R U Eating? Healthy Cooking
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 01:41:46 AM »
Here's a great site for vegans (or even if you're a vegetarian) but it has great veggie recipes that you can even eat with meat ( :P)

http://vegweb.com/

Even if you don't want to stop eating meat PLEASE stop eating pork. Do you know what the pig is a derivative of? ::gagging:: And then move on to red meat. Chicken (and other poultry) and fish aren't as bad. I actually still eat fish.

YOU STILL EAT FISH????????   :o  You are not really trying to eat healthy.  Put that fish down and pick up a piece of broccoli

MsJay9

• I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 07:33:28 AM »
Wow ladies thatnks for the links....I am trying to incorporate more healthy ways to cook veggies....And now I'm trying to look into a bigger variety of dishes....My daughter has deceided that she no longer eats beef b/c she found out that it was a cow....She was like they just kill the cow and cut it up....Yuck and then we eat it......And we don't eat pork anyway so now I guess we're down to fish, turkey and chicken. 

Mobell and Lady I was waiting on ya'll!  And Seu where u at?

seu2002

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 09:10:34 AM »
i go through phases in the foods i eat, meaning i'll eat the same dish for breakfast, lunch and dinner for weeks at a time.  right now i'm eating this salad that i absolutely adore, and i HATE salads (and i'm a vegetarian-- go figure!) so this says alot.

it's boiled cheese tortellini mixed in with a fresh head of spinach, tomatoes--doesn't matter what kind--, cucumbers, and a little dressing.  i use ceasar or ceasar viniagrette.  i eat these with regular crackers.  i'll start adding other veggies if i get bored, but for now this is perfect.

the fiber in the spinach is very filling for me. i ate it all last week, and i lost about 3 lbs.  i also had my protein and vitamin supplements so don't think i was starving myself or anything. 

i can go to war in the kitchen, especially with the mexican food, which is traditionally greasy and gross.  when i cook it, it's healthy and delicious.  i guess i'll post my latest fixation with a dish as they come and go.

EDIT--  i DO try to eat vegan as much as possible, but that's really hard to do.  the dressings i use for this salad are all vegan, and when i find vegan cheese tortellini, i'll be using that too.

risingMC

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 09:16:46 AM »
I want to see this pig link. I'm curious now.

MsJay9

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2005, 09:17:21 AM »
i go through phases in the foods i eat, meaning i'll eat the same dish for breakfast, lunch and dinner for weeks at a time.  right now i'm eating this salad that i absolutely adore, and i HATE salads (and i'm a vegetarian-- go figure!) so this says alot.

it's boiled cheese tortellini mixed in with a fresh head of spinach, tomatoes--doesn't matter what kind--, cucumbers, and a little dressing.  i use ceasar or ceasar viniagrette.  i eat these with regular crackers.  i'll start adding other veggies if i get bored, but for now this is perfect.

the fiber in the spinach is very filling for me. i ate it all last week, and i lost about 3 lbs.  i also had my protein and vitamin supplements so don't think i was starving myself or anything. 

i can go to war in the kitchen, especially with the mexican food, which is traditionally greasy and gross.  when i cook it, it's healthy and delicious.  i guess i'll post my latest fixation with a dish as they come and go.

8) Cool.....I was waitin on u to get here.....I have some recipes of foods that I love but I'm thinking they aren't all that healthy so that's y I'm askin 4 some help...lol....and its kind of interesting to see what people are eating all over the country.... So what is everyone eating today....I made some Salmon salad, I ate some earlier and it was mmm mmm good!

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2005, 09:44:43 AM »
from the mouth of babes  ;).. i don't eat beef too often..but i haven't found the proper supplements for it quite yet... i haven't had pork in my system in yrs though...

Wow ladies thatnks for the links....I am trying to incorporate more healthy ways to cook veggies....And now I'm trying to look into a bigger variety of dishes....My daughter has deceided that she no longer eats beef b/c she found out that it was a cow....She was like they just kill the cow and cut it up....Yuck and then we eat it......And we don't eat pork anyway so now I guess we're down to fish, turkey and chicken. 

risingMC

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2005, 09:54:56 AM »
There are these great vegetarian books at Barnes and Noble that are really awesome. The recipes are all pretty easy and are really good, and the book itself is like $8. And, best of all, there's pictures of everything.

Ladyday

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2005, 10:08:16 AM »
YOU STILL EAT FISH????????   :o  You are not really trying to eat healthy.  Put that fish down and pick up a piece of broccoli

Shut yo mouth.

i go through phases in the foods i eat, meaning i'll eat the same dish for breakfast, lunch and dinner for weeks at a time.

i do that all the time!  :D my roomies be laughing at me cause they'll know exactly what I'm about to eat until I change it up. my latest obsessions have been: GO LEAN cereal for breakfast, noodle soup for lunch, and broccoli & cheese & chicken for dinner (all vegan versions of course  ;)) the only reason I say i'm a semi-vegan is obviously cause i eat fish and b/c i eat vegan at home, but even when i go out to eat, if it's not specifically a vegan restaurant, then i'll just eat veggie. Ooooooh I forgot about the Mango Chicken I've been having a lot as of late.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I want to see this pig link. I'm curious now.

MC, it's not a link, it's an actually article that fam has, i'll have to have her find it, then scan it, then post it, that ain't happening anytime soon  ;) i shouldn't be on this board now, just stopping by

Blk, what are you afraid of losing if you stop eating red meat? Protein? (use bars, shakes, nuts, poultry) Iron? (eat dark leafy veggies like Kale and collard greens) and of course supplements. I'm happy no Pork though!!

risingMC

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2005, 10:13:29 AM »
The veggies are taking over this thread! BWAHAHA!

Thanks anyway, ladyday. I'll do a search to see if I can find anything on the web. If I'm successful I'll post something.

RE: protein/iron/etc: I get most of my protein from milk sources (yogurt, cheese and some milk), beans, and eggs. I don't know what I would do if I were vegan. Even as vegetarians, though, don't we miss out on some kind of amino acid? Or some kind of oil? I forget, exactly.

MsJay9

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2005, 10:21:07 AM »
I know right....Don't kids just say the things that make perfect sense sometimes....You want the brutal truth, ask a 4 year old....That's what sent me back to the gym a year ago  ;)

from the mouth of babes  ;).. i don't eat beef too often..but i haven't found the proper supplements for it quite yet... i haven't had pork in my system in yrs though...