Law School Discussion

What R U Eating? Healthy Cooking

MsJay9

• I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
What R U Eating? Healthy Cooking
« on: April 28, 2005, 12:08:06 PM »
 :) Hello Everyone,

I have noticed that a lot of people on here have a variety of dishes that they eat.....I love to cook but I come from a southern family and I'm starting to think that a lot of the regular things I use may be unhealthy in the long run....So I'd like for everyone to give some foods that you eat that are tasty but also good for you.....Also if there are foods that we should stay away from enlighten me on that too!  Thanks  :)

Re: Healthy Cooking
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 12:23:45 PM »
this is an excellent thread... baked tilapia (white fish) is good with plantains , rice & peace

you know you can find a lot of recipes on the food network's website and u can do a specific search for healthy foods.

MsJay9

• I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Cooking
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 12:42:35 PM »
this is an excellent thread... baked tilapia (white fish) is good with plantains , rice & peace

you know you can find a lot of recipes on the food network's website and u can do a specific search for healthy foods.

Mmmmm...that sounds good.  I'll look up that site.
Thx

Lawprofessor

• Pony Up!
    • View Profile
Re: What R U Eating? Healthy Cooking
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 04:14:38 PM »
:) Hello Everyone,

I have noticed that a lot of people on here have a variety of dishes that they eat.....I love to cook but I come from a southern family and I'm starting to think that a lot of the regular things I use may be unhealthy in the long run....So I'd like for everyone to give some foods that you eat that are tasty but also good for you.....Also if there are foods that we should stay away from enlighten me on that too!  Thanks  :)

Deep fried chicken!!!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, good!!!!  ;D

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 04:41:05 PM »
I had a Spicy chicken breast that was very high in calories, with some okra and some rice. mmmmmm good. I don't eat healthy; I don't have to.

Ladyday

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 04:43:01 PM »
Here's a great site for vegans (or even if you're a vegetarian) but it has great veggie recipes that you can even eat with meat ( :P)

http://vegweb.com/

Even if you don't want to stop eating meat PLEASE stop eating pork. Do you know what the pig is a derivative of? ::gagging:: And then move on to red meat. Chicken (and other poultry) and fish aren't as bad. I actually still eat fish.

Lgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 05:05:10 PM »
Excuse my ignorance, but what are pigs derivatives of? I don't eat  pork (keep kosher) but was curious to know what you mean... thanks.

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 05:11:10 PM »
Lady...yumm..these recipes look good.  When I have money to buy something other than beans I'm going to make this:
http://vegweb.com/recipes/pasta/6975.shtml

and this:
http://vegweb.com/recipes/quick/6998.shtml

and this:
http://vegweb.com/recipes/soup/chili6.shtml

I'm adding this site to my Favorites now.

Ladyday

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 05:17:30 PM »
Excuse my ignorance, but what are pigs derivatives of? I don't eat  pork (keep kosher) but was curious to know what you mean... thanks.

::gaggin thinkin about it::

they're like the filthiest animals ever. what I mean is they are an evolved animal. they evolved from other animals intestines, and maggots, etc etc. I'm gonna have to find the article that explains it further. but I'm happy to know you don't eat them!! Oh, and even when you do stop eating them, it takes at least 8 years to completely purge them from your system and from your colon  :P. Too bad gelatin is made from them..........

Lady...yumm..these recipes look good. When I have money to buy something other than beans I'm going to make this:

LOL

Lgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 05:28:35 PM »
gross!  :D