Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: So-so school  (Read 5923 times)

dr_draino

Re: So-so school
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2005, 03:01:56 PM »
Wow. I just answered a post from SEPTEMBER...

::)

2003 no less

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2005, 03:21:02 PM »
Wow. I just answered a post from SEPTEMBER...

2003 no less

That's en entire generation of law school applicants ago...

:-X

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2005, 03:38:15 PM »
I am taking some online courses as well. And my school actually said that it does not show up that the classes are offered online. We are both in good shape so far, I hope so anyway.

That can't be good for your college's overall reputation. 

I've never even heard of a decent university offering online courses -- I went to Michigan, which isn't exactly ivy league, and there weren't any "online courses."

I just don't understand how you could get a decent education without interacting with other students and professors. 

dr_draino

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2005, 03:43:00 PM »
I am taking some online courses as well. And my school actually said that it does not show up that the classes are offered online. We are both in good shape so far, I hope so anyway.

That can't be good for your college's overall reputation. 

I've never even heard of a decent university offering online courses -- I went to Michigan, which isn't exactly ivy league, and there weren't any "online courses."

I just don't understand how you could get a decent education without interacting with other students and professors. 

1)  This thread is TWO YEARS OLD

2)  I'd be very surprised if Michigan didn't offer some online courses...even Harvard offers some online courses.

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2005, 03:48:59 PM »
Really??? I'm going to look, but I really doubt that Michigan offers online courses.  What kind of online courses does harvard offer?

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2005, 03:53:25 PM »
Drain,  I seriously think you're full of it...  If you can find a top 25 University that offers any online courses you're a better man that me... I've looked at Harvard's website and Michigan's and I can't find any evidence of this.  Besides, I went to Michigan for four years and never heard of such a thing.

ilsox7

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2005, 04:06:15 PM »
I cannot speak of Michigan, but I went to IU.  While IU is not everall regarded as a Top 25 school by any means, it's UG Business program is generally regarded as a Top 10 program.  I did not take any of the courses, but they offer a whole bunch of UG Business courses as "Distance Learning."

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2005, 04:18:04 PM »
Yea, I was just chatting on the phone with me mum and she said Michigan State offers some "distance learning" classes as well.  But she says she's pretty sure that it notes it on transcripts.

ilsox7

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2005, 04:20:15 PM »
Yea, I was just chatting on the phone with me mum and she said Michigan State offers some "distance learning" classes as well.  But she says she's pretty sure that it notes it on transcripts.

Yea.  No clue about the transcripts.  I do know that IU is one of the leading Univsersities with online courses.  A good friend I have who is a Prof there has taught Grad level courses online, complete with "sessions" in a chat room.  Those are geared more towards executives getting a distance MBA. 

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2005, 03:05:46 AM »
People= this is a thread from 2 YEARS ago-