Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: American  (Read 1476 times)

tomas23t

• View Profile
American
« on: April 28, 2005, 11:26:02 AM »
There is going to be movement from the American waiting list very soon.  Currently, they have no spots available for the full-time program only the part-time. 
In: $$$Pitt(8k per year), $$$Villanova(10K per year), Catholic, San Diego
Waitlist: GW, U-Conn, Wake Forest, American
Out: Wisconsin, Boston College, G-Town, Illinois....and more...

redrover

• View Profile
Re: American
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 12:03:35 PM »
so those of us holding out for full-time shouldn't hold our breaths? 

where did you find out that information?

mrbubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 12:20:38 PM »
There is going to be movement from the American waiting list very soon.  Currently, they have no spots available for the full-time program only the part-time. 

Yeah, I'm also interested in how you found out this information. My understanding was that there WOULD be waitlist movement (most likely) but that it would not come until early July -- did you contact someone in the admissions office - or are you just guessing?

Take care :)

Jaimalia82

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 01:30:46 PM »
Presumably, if waitlist movement isn't expected until July, then their FT seats are full now, and movement won't happen until students who sent in their deposit withdraw from American to go to a school they were waitlisted on.

tomas23t

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 02:01:35 PM »
That is exactly correct, right now they have no available seats for the full time division.  That will likely change after the second deposit.  I also got the impression that when or if these spots open up they are going to be extraordinarily competitive to get.  I went on a tour earlier this week, got the info straight from the Office of Admissions. I wouldn’t hold your breath if you’re waiting for American full-time.
In: $$$Pitt(8k per year), $$$Villanova(10K per year), Catholic, San Diego
Waitlist: GW, U-Conn, Wake Forest, American
Out: Wisconsin, Boston College, G-Town, Illinois....and more...

mrbubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 02:14:50 PM »
That is exactly correct, right now they have no available seats for the full time division.  That will likely change after the second deposit.  I also got the impression that when or if these spots open up they are going to be extraordinarily competitive to get.  I went on a tour earlier this week, got the info straight from the Office of Admissions. I wouldn’t hold your breath if you’re waiting for American full-time.

Did the people at the office of admissions specify how exactly they give out the remaining seats? I have been told so many different things by so many different people regarding the American wait list. I am already in at other schools, but American is my top choice right now. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers...

Thanks again

namaste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 09:02:42 PM »
As of this afternoon LSN shows 1 person that got a call from AU today --accepted off the WL.  See his comments.  (Look for "WL, Attending")

Kramerica Industries

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 10:27:33 PM »
tag

VinnyMyCousin

• Sr. Citizen
  • Say you'll do the job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 02:31:17 AM »
FYI to all of you, I already turned in my initial deposit but I'll be withdrawing this week. Hang in there. Here's one FT spot comin' your way.

mrbubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 09:00:56 AM »
FYI to all of you, I already turned in my initial deposit but I'll be withdrawing this week. Hang in there. Here's one FT spot comin' your way.

Thank you! American is still my number one choice and I am hopeful anyone who is not going will follow your example :)

Have a good day :)