Law School Discussion

Home Ownership and Wealth Building

Re: Home Ownership and Wealth Building
« Reply #220 on: June 22, 2005, 11:21:13 AM »
Yay :).. I am so glad that I could help Scurvy... it gives me great joy to know that your homebuying process was so easy... and to know that I had a hand in that makes me smile...

smujd2007

• January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 22, 2005, 05:32:34 PM »
Yay for BLSD comaraderie!!

Thanks blk for helping scurvy and everyone else on the board . . .special thanks to the loan officer. . . this is a very cool story.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Victor

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 26, 2005, 09:56:30 PM »
How do you guys feel about the Supreme Court's decision to allow the government to seize homes?

Victor

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 28, 2005, 07:53:44 AM »
How do you guys feel about the Supreme Court's decision to allow the government to seize homes?

Wow . . . nobody is talking about this huh?

Just shows how this board is dead . . . . .

faith2005

« Reply #224 on: June 28, 2005, 08:42:21 AM »
we did talk about this victor a little bit. on one of the other threads.

« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2005, 09:23:24 AM »
basically..and if an article was posted as point of reference perhaps there would have been more discussion on this thread about it...

we did talk about this victor a little bit. on one of the other threads.

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2005, 11:06:50 AM »
the day they take my house, I'm calling up Jesse and we're marching.  No justice, no peace!

« Reply #227 on: June 30, 2005, 10:37:10 AM »
the day they take my house, I'm calling up Jesse and we're marching.  No justice, no peace!

Granted, I'm not his biggest fan, but wouldn't he be the last person you'd want to call?

I mean, keep in mind that four justices who voted against this were the more conservative appointees - Rehnquist, O'Connor, Scalia, & Thomas

Of the five who voted for it, four of the five are clearly of the moderate/progressive bent - Stevens, Souter, Ginsberg & Breyer.

I was surprised by Scalia's vote in this instance.

My point is is that it wasn't people who thought like Jesse Jackson who voted for this measure.... quite the opposite actually.

I used to be very liberal, but as I've gotten older and accumulated a few dollars and things to my name, I'm definitely become more centrist.  If I buy a piece of property, I d@mn straight to keep it until I decide otherwise.  It seems to me that it was majority liberal types who want to take it from me.

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 30, 2005, 11:30:57 AM »

Granted, I'm not his biggest fan, but wouldn't he be the last person you'd want to call?

I mean, keep in mind that four justices who voted against this were the more conservative appointees - Rehnquist, O'Connor, Scalia, & Thomas

Of the five who voted for it, four of the five are clearly of the moderate/progressive bent - Stevens, Souter, Ginsberg & Breyer.

I was surprised by Scalia's vote in this instance.

My point is is that it wasn't people who thought like Jesse Jackson who voted for this measure.... quite the opposite actually.

I used to be very liberal, but as I've gotten older and accumulated a few dollars and things to my name, I'm definitely become more centrist.  If I buy a piece of property, I d@mn straight to keep it until I decide otherwise.  It seems to me that it was majority liberal types who want to take it from me.

who are you?   >:(

« Reply #229 on: June 30, 2005, 11:33:47 AM »
"Darq E"?  Give me a break. >:( >:( >:(