Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Home Ownership and Wealth Building  (Read 109729 times)

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
Re: Home Ownership and Wealth Building
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2005, 05:51:26 PM »
I think it is....  ;)
Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others.--Chuck Swindoll

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2005, 05:53:47 PM »
yo - Official - I have to ask: Is that a gold chain?

Dayum...it is a gold chain man. :D

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2005, 06:14:39 PM »
that explains it all :D

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2005, 09:50:27 PM »
that explains it all :D

Again you guys are showing your closed-mindedness.  Official is very concerned with mobility.  He just figured why invest in stocks of companies that have fixed locations, when he could  have the ultimate mobile investment.  So to you guys it's a gold chain, to Official it's a well constructed investment strategy in gold commodities ;)
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2005, 10:11:38 PM »
Again you guys are showing your closed-mindedness.  Official is very concerned with mobility.  He just figured why invest in stocks of companies that have fixed locations, when he could  have the ultimate mobile investment.  So to you guys it's a gold chain, to Official it's a well constructed investment strategy in gold commodities ;)

please... he looks like one of those low budget rappers on BET's Uncut.

I know Fat Joe wants you to lean back, but damn...
Look to the left -- Look to the right

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2005, 09:47:49 AM »
Msjay, youíre right, my family did rentÖ until they could afford to, and it was the right to, buy a home; we got three now.  ;)

Anyway, I can only assume that I presented the argument poorly, as it is not really as controversial as you make it out to be. Economists have been saying this for years.

Itís my fault though, i should have realized that I canít discuss this with non-economists and closed-minded people without backing it up.

So, listen to the economics editor of the Economist Magazine, this Harvard economist, and another smart economist touch on what I failed to get across.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4624307&sourceCode=RSS

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4531732

Iím going to get some numbers for yíall too.

Be easy.

Wow....how did I make it out to be controversial....I was just commenting on your line of thinking. I think you are the one who seems closed minded.  I consider myself open minded, but even if I didn't I think that closing off the ideal of owning a home would definantly be closed minded.  I find it a little hard to believe that anyone who comes from a family that owns 3 homes would be advocating for renting.  If your parents own three who's living in the other two...Are they renters? B/c if they are and you parents are using that as investment property then they are making a profit from the renters just like your landlord is profitting from you paying rent.  :-\

But don't let me stop you from wanting to rent, I'm going to need people who think just like you to live in the units that I will rent.  This way the renters can pay off my properties mortgages at a faster rate and make them all profit properties.  :)
If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got!

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2005, 09:57:39 AM »
Exactly MsJay... exactly ;)

But don't let me stop you from wanting to rent, I'm going to need people who think just like you to live in the units that I will rent.  This way the renters can pay off my properties mortgages at a faster rate and make them all profit properties.  :)
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2005, 09:59:30 AM »
Exactly MsJay... exactly ;)

:D  Ok I just read your avatar and I am over here ROFLMAO....I almost spit out my water!  :D
If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got!

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2005, 10:03:44 AM »
 :D :D :D ;D ;)

:D  Ok I just read your avatar and I am over here ROFLMAO....I almost spit out my water!  :D

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2005, 10:22:26 AM »
You guys...haha
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006