Law School Discussion

Home Ownership and Wealth Building

Re: Home Ownership and Wealth Building
« Reply #440 on: July 05, 2006, 09:01:33 AM »

I heard the same, but my info is 6-7 years old.

I just heard that... In fact, two of my Sorors are moving there within the year - they are planning to build houses near Raleigh. 

Charlotte and Raleigh/Durham seem to always be high up on the lists of "Best Places for Black People" in Black Enterprise and Ebony.

Freak

• What's your agenda?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 05, 2006, 09:11:03 AM »

I just heard that... In fact, two of my Sorors are moving there within the year - they are planning to build houses near Raleigh. 

Charlotte and Raleigh/Durham seem to always be high up on the lists of "Best Places for Black People" in Black Enterprise and Ebony.

Same for whites, actually. It's just a great place from what I understand.

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 05, 2006, 10:06:09 AM »
You can never be too yankified.

Oh yes indeed you can.  I think I might end up on Alci's path -- splitting between DC and my Southern dream city (Charlotte) -- in the future.

especially for you, titcr

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 05, 2006, 10:24:55 AM »

really  I thought ATL was the place to go

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 05, 2006, 10:45:36 AM »

really  I thought ATL was the place to go

ATL has its good and bad points.  Alci had a good list of it's negative points.  It's nice if you want a city in the South, but most people don't live in the city.  It doesn't really have the walkable neighborhoods that most larger cities like DC and NYC have.  A car is prectically a necessity in Atl.

Charlotte and Raleigh are both good smaller cities.  They have the amenities of a big city, but on a smaller scale.  The plus is lower cost of living and a slower pace.  I know a lot of people from my ug who moved to Charlotte because Wachovia and Bank of America both have their headquarters there, so there's still a decent amount of younger people.

Hybrid Vigor

• prestigious
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 05, 2006, 10:50:03 AM »
Atlanta is finished. Atlanta was hot like 10 years ago, if you come here now you done missed the boat. This is home for me so I'll always love it, but it's not the place to move as far as the happening scene.

I think NC is a great place for the COL. Most places with similiar housing prices are either backwoods as hell or in Texas (or both).

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 05, 2006, 10:51:52 AM »
Atlanta is finished. Atlanta was hot like 10 years ago, if you come here now you done missed the boat. This is home for me so I'll always love it, but it's not the place to move as far as the happening scene.

I think NC is a great place for the COL. Most places with similiar housing prices are either backwoods as hell or in Texas (or both).

dang CN, how do u really feel?  :D

Hybrid Vigor

• prestigious
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 05, 2006, 10:53:14 AM »
That's the truth, Ruth. Don't move down here thinking you are gon snag you some baller (or any kinda man, unless you like DL ones) or go to any really hot parties. The ATL social scene is kinda tired.

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 05, 2006, 10:54:23 AM »
That's the truth, Ruth. Don't move down here thinking you are gon snag you some baller (or any kinda man, unless you like DL ones) or go to any really hot parties. The ATL social scene is kinda tired.

LMAO. 

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 05, 2006, 10:55:05 AM »

dang gyrl!   :D Man I aint even thinking 'bout snaggin no man- not one of them sistas going professional just to get a hubby.  No siree not me!