Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Home Ownership and Wealth Building  (Read 113396 times)

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Home Ownership and Wealth Building
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2005, 08:35:23 AM »
Hey, I will preface with saying I haven't read all of the thread...

BUT I have *major* financial issues and am hoping folks who frequent the wealth-building thread can help a sista out.

So, I just got back home from Ireland and have a lot of random mail waiting on me.  One letter, dated 11/21/2004, is from some random collection agency called "Credit Collection Services" saying that I've been turned over by "Labcorp" for a payment of $81.00.  I'm not entirely sure what Labcorp is.  I go to their website, type in my account number with them, and it shows they found my file and that I owe $0.00.  I have obviously not paid anything.  Does anyone know what this could be about?  What should I do?  I'm calling tomorrow, but I just want to make sure this is not on my credit report.

I said *major* so obviously that is just the tip of the iceberg, but the above is a start.  I am freaking about finances right now and would really appreciate some input! *THANKS* :-\

welcome back! 
do you know what the charge is from?  write a mean nasty note to the original collection agency--usually they are so impressed that you write them that they'll credit you.

I have *no* idea what Labcorp is.  I don't owe them anything anymore either apparently.  I'm calling all these people now....grrr...not the way I wanted to spend my first day home!

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2005, 09:02:41 AM »
Mobell, first I want to say Welcome Home!  :)

What I think you need to do first is contact someone from the place that the original debt came from.  The 0 balance on the website could be due to the fact that they sent it out to collections and so they've written the charge off and you don't owe them anymore.  This is possible to get corrected if you work w/the right people at the company, if it was actually your debt.  As a former victim of identity fraud you should make sure to keep all paperwork sent out about this as well as write down everyones name and work id number if possible when you talk to them just in case you need to refer back to their information at a later date.  This will make it much easier when trying to get it off of your credit report.  You can PM me if you need to, I've been down this road.  :-\

Hey, I will preface with saying I haven't read all of the thread...

BUT I have *major* financial issues and am hoping folks who frequent the wealth-building thread can help a sista out.

So, I just got back home from Ireland and have a lot of random mail waiting on me.  One letter, dated 11/21/2004, is from some random collection agency called "Credit Collection Services" saying that I've been turned over by "Labcorp" for a payment of $81.00.  I'm not entirely sure what Labcorp is.  I go to their website, type in my account number with them, and it shows they found my file and that I owe $0.00.  I have obviously not paid anything.  Does anyone know what this could be about?  What should I do?  I'm calling tomorrow, but I just want to make sure this is not on my credit report.

I said *major* so obviously that is just the tip of the iceberg, but the above is a start.  I am freaking about finances right now and would really appreciate some input! *THANKS* :-\
If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got!

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2005, 09:43:42 AM »
Good stuff Msjay.  Good luck Mo.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2005, 12:58:09 PM »
Welcome home, mobell!!!

Good luck with the credit issues.  Looks like Ms. Jay is the most knowledgeable in this area. Sands might be able to help if he's around, but hes been mia for a few weeks.   If he pops back up, then ask him.
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2005, 06:10:20 PM »
Wow! That is great blk! I'll PM you today!  :P

With that said.. I’m here to do whatever I can to help you guys in your quest for wealth-building and home ownership.. if you are considering purchasing a home.. I can help you get an excellent deal anywhere in this country… a very dear friend of mine is an African American loan officer  and she works with all types of credit.. finds excellent deals in spite of student loans.. so if you’re interested.. feel free to PM me for further details…

Onward and Upward in the struggle!

Edit: As a barred attorney I can also help with some of the seller consession (ie builder/seller contracts)

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2005, 08:27:34 PM »
Wow! That is great blk! I'll PM you today! :P

With that said.. I’m here to do whatever I can to help you guys in your quest for wealth-building and home ownership.. if you are considering purchasing a home.. I can help you get an excellent deal anywhere in this country… a very dear friend of mine is an African American loan officer and she works with all types of credit.. finds excellent deals in spite of student loans.. so if you’re interested.. feel free to PM me for further details…

Edit: As a barred attorney I can also help with some of the seller consession (ie builder/seller contracts)

Everyone give big ups to blk.  She has been a wonderful moderator and support system for all of us black folk.
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!

_____

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2005, 08:57:09 PM »
Wow! That is great blk! I'll PM you today! :P

With that said.. I’m here to do whatever I can to help you guys in your quest for wealth-building and home ownership.. if you are considering purchasing a home.. I can help you get an excellent deal anywhere in this country… a very dear friend of mine is an African American loan officer and she works with all types of credit.. finds excellent deals in spite of student loans.. so if you’re interested.. feel free to PM me for further details…

Everyone give big ups to blk.  She has been a wonderful moderator and support system for all of us black folk.

YAY blk!  :D

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2005, 10:49:44 AM »
aweeee... thanks you guys :'( :)
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2005, 10:51:36 AM »

New and Improved Second Chance Banking Products Help Black Americans With Bad Banking History Get A Fresh Start 

Currently over 70 million Americans need new checking accounts in this country. Of that number, many of these individuals are minorities, single parents, senior citizens and/or divorcees. The Dottie Marketing Group Consumer Club (DMGCC) has launched a nationwide marketing campaign, assisting those individuals who have been blacklisted by ChexSystems and/or TeleCheck, the official credit bureaus of the banking industry.

ChexSystems and TeleCheck are reporting agencies that provide negative banking information about individuals, according to their history with banks. This, in turn, can ban that person from opening a new bank account of any kind with another bank for up to seven years.

DMGCC helps individuals set up new checking accounts with one of three FDIC Banks that they represent. A bank ATM cash card is also provided for easy access to the checking account. This bank ATM card does not have a MasterCard or Visa logo on it. However, it is widely accepted at most ATM machines and retail stores everywhere.

For those who want a card with a major credit card logo, DMGCC also offers a MasterCard logo debit card with unlimited usage per month for a $9 service fee. This debit card is one of the first bank debit cards to offer unlimited usage for a flat monthly rate. This new card also accepts direct deposits, wired cash, and mailed-in endorsed checks with personalized deposit slips.

The administrative process for both of these Second Chance Banking products is fast and easy. An individual can get set-up online or through the mail. Same day service is now available through Paypal online or via MoneyGram Express Payment wire for $6.95.

There is no need of a ChexSystems/TeleCheck credit check, an initial deposit, or an interview with a personal banker. An applicant is guaranteed approval for both banking products, as long as they are 18 years old, have a verifiable home address and telephone number, and possess a valid driver's license, state ID, military ID or US passport.

The one-time processing/set-up fees for these Second Chance Banking products are as follows:

New Checking Account set-up fee, only: $69.00;
MasterCard logo debit card set-up fee, only: $49.00;
or for both, only: $89.00

Senior Citizens 60 and over do not have to pay a fee to set up a new checking account. Only proof of age is required when applying.

For further information about these new Second Chance Banking products, contact:

Debby Thomas, Marketing Director, (866) 418-0133, www.2ndchancechecking.net

To apply, call the marketing representative in your respective area.

* Denise - East Coast Representative: 1-877-924-5030
* Daphne - Southern Representative: 1-877-374-7844
* Krystal - Los Angeles Representative: 1-877-827-7633
* David - Northern California Representative: 1-877-243-0651
* Luanna - Greater West Coast Representative: 1-800-679-8082
* Kayla - Midwest Representative: 1-866-747-9831
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2005, 12:24:23 PM »

New Home possible Mortgage Products: required downpayment only $500. (There is a special product for teachers Ms Jay, check it out).  Let me know if you cannot access this link.

http://www.freddiemac.com/search/search_results.jsp?QueryText=home+possible+mortgages&pathName=%2F
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006