Law School Discussion

I think I'll go to the University of Texas...

limonjello

• Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
Re: I think I'll go to the University of Texas...
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2005, 01:14:02 PM »
You need to write something that says "I got lower grades because I went to a much stronger school" without saying "I'm using the transfer as an excuse for a negative grade trend."

Actually, I don't see how that buys you anything.  That is exactly what someone would expect to take from this without an addendum.  An addendum needs to explain somethig uniqueor abnormal with a situation, not the obvious fact that someone's grades were worse because their classes got harder.

I think much of the rest of your post brings up many good questions.

However, for the record, I scored in the 99% on both the SAT, GRE and GMAT with no prep at all, but only was scoring in the low 160s on LSAT practice tests until I did many, many hours worth of prep.  The LSAT is quite a different test which covers different abilities vs. the SAT, GRE, or GMAT, in my opinion.

Re: I think I'll go to the University of Texas...
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2005, 01:23:19 PM »
Well you should first worry about getting a real LSAT score.  Without it all discussions are pretty idle speculations.  A close second is your downward trend in your GPA, which will raise serious red flags. 

As an aside, you are serious about the law you should be willing to spend three years anywhere where you will get an adequate legal education.  Are you sure you have the committment for legal study?