Law School Discussion

boston housing question

boston housing question
« on: April 27, 2005, 05:29:33 PM »
anyone know of good apartments to check out in the back bay and/or financial district?

ziti

Re: boston housing question
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 06:28:37 AM »
No one lives in the financial district, it's actually very empty at night and on the weekends.  There are plenty of great places in the Back Bay, but they all cost a fortune.  I don't know any in particular.  The brownstones along Comm, Newbury, Beacon, and Boylston are really nice, and some of them have been converted into apartments.

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 06:30:50 AM »
For the financial District, I think Beacon Hill is the best place to live.  It's just a 10 - 15 minute walk.  I work in the financial district and live in Beacon Hill and love it.  And it's not as expensive as people tend to think, you can find very reasonable apartments.  A lot of young people live there which makes it fun.  And BH is walking distance from everything - Back Bay, Downtown Crossing, North End and Faneuil Hall area.

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 06:37:58 AM »
Whats the best way to find an apt? I wont be up the Boston until June. Are there any good websites to check them out?

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 06:58:19 AM »
If you wait until June you're going to have a hellishly hard time finding a decent place that you like. I'd say 85% of apartments get listed for either June 1 or September 1st leases, since most of the housing market is catered towards the massive student population.

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 07:13:16 AM »
Whats the best way to find an apt? I wont be up the Boston until June. Are there any good websites to check them out?

I used and loved Philips Street Realtors.  I don't think they have a website, but you could call them.  They had lots of good apartments in a good price range.