Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: visited test center yesterday  (Read 1015 times)

nathanielmark

visited test center yesterday
« on: May 31, 2004, 03:59:58 PM »
i went to my test site yesterday to scout it out.  i even went inside and sat in a classroom.

it was definitely helpful.  now i have a visual of the testing atmosphere and i know exactly where to go.  i advise anyone who hasnt done so to do this before the 14th.

best.

utaustin

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.36/164
    • View Profile
Re: visited test center yesterday
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 04:51:40 PM »
hmm,

my test is at south texas college of law in houston. it says room#'s will be posted on test day.

i guess that means a lot of people will be taking the test in multiple rooms. still i guess i should sit through every room there

nathanielmark

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 05:34:30 PM »
 well the rooms are usually all pretty much the same.  i just sat in a random one.  i doubt the one i will actually sit in will be much different.  sitting in every room might be a bit over the top.

hmm,

my test is at south texas college of law in houston. it says room#'s will be posted on test day.

i guess that means a lot of people will be taking the test in multiple rooms. still i guess i should sit through every room there

$ones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 10:04:27 PM »
This is a good idea.. I've been writing all my practice lsats in the actual exam room... it is settling for my nerves

jgruber

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 10:12:19 PM »
I never sat in the actual room until the day of the test.  It made no difference for me.

MindTheGap76

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago Alum ('08)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 10:46:12 PM »
utaustin, I'm going to be taking my test at South Texas College of Law as well; however, I won't be getting down to Houston until the weekend of the exam.  If by chance you stop by and check the place out, can you let me know what it looks like to you?  I am particularly interested in whether we are going to have tables, desks, or just chairs with fold out writing surfaces.

MizzouJunior

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 02:25:39 AM »
Does anyone know if you can choose your testing center?
I'm taking the October LSAT and I want to see if I can scout out the best location in my area.

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 11:46:31 AM »
Ditto on the South Texas College of Law. I could go to Houston this weekend if I knew what room the test was in. Is the campus open on weekends? Is there anyway to find out what room it will be in? If mindgap or tuaustin find out PLEASE let me know!
South Texas College of Law here I come!

flecktone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2004, 10:43:26 PM »
Does anyone know if you can choose your testing center?
I'm taking the October LSAT and I want to see if I can scout out the best location in my area.

You can take the LSAT anywhere it is administered.  I could have taken mine at a local NJ school near where I live, but I made the trip into the city to Fordham University because I wanted to be in familiar surroundings.