Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What is up with USD, FSU, and Villanova?!?!  (Read 1055 times)

DLAW

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
What is up with USD, FSU, and Villanova?!?!
« on: April 27, 2005, 05:51:24 PM »
Sent out apps in the beginning of December and haven't heard anything. Slow in general or just with me, I wonder. Starting to get to me  >:(
"

LoveYaLots

• View Profile
Re: What is up with USD, FSU, and Villanova?!?!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 10:50:02 PM »
I called Villanova the other day and they said that they haven't made a decision regarding my app and that they'd be able to tell me in a month or so.   :-X   Actually, they only know at this point that I'm not rejected? Odd.  ???  I really hope it's not a waitlist.  :-\

I have yet to hear from USD... Erg!  >:(

morgant

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 08:33:39 AM »
I'm kinda in the same boat - still waiting on Villanova and USD.  I did call USD the other day, and the woman on the phone said that they're aiming to get all of their decisions ready and mailed around May 1 - so hopefully we'll be hearing sometime soon!  Good luck and happy waiting : )

Cenerentola

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 01:49:38 AM »
Being a USD undergrad, I decided to go into the law school admissions office and ask when to expect to hear from them.  I was hoping for something like "Oh, we have your letter right here!  Take it!" but of course I only got "You'll get a response anytime between now and mid-May."  Hmm, so they have told people beginning of April, mid-April... soon it is going to be mid-September.  If verbal contracts were binding, USD would be in a world of trouble by now. 

JoeSchmoe00

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 01:27:22 PM »
I applied in late Dec to USD and still haven't heard from them. I think its some sort of sick torture.

mrizzle

• Gin. It's what's for dinner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 03:37:13 PM »
my application went complete October 27. And I probably wont even get accepted
Will be attending: Chapman

yes: syracuse, Chapman (11k), Whittier (11k), Cal Western, Thomas Jefferson (14k)

take a hike: catholic, UNLV, USD

Wait List: depaul, southwestern

tegra8

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 03:39:12 PM »
call FSU... I had not heard anything from them either, but called yesterday and found out my file is on hold! 

Aida7

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 04:00:51 PM »
Same here, I am waiting on FSU. I had my application in by mid-October. I called about a week and a half ago and they told me that they hoped to get them all out by the end of May!  I sent a letter of continued interest, but other than that it's just a waiting game. I feel you. :-[ I don't know about you, but I have second deposits due June 1st so it's getting tight...
NYU 3.4/150
in @ U.Kentucky ($$), NYLS ($$), Nova, Pace($), Syracuse, In at UF (for fall) off waitlist 8/20/05
WL @ Miami, Brooklyn, UF, Miss, Albany
hold @ FSU
rej @ UGA, W&L,

wtclavier

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 05:47:54 PM »
I just got a reply from Villanova last week and they gave me a whopping 5 days to get my deposit in.  (Not sure if this is due to greediness and impatience or Postal Service incompetence.)  Anyhoo, you may be hearing from Villanova shortly.

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 05:51:28 PM »
Don't try contacting USD. Their office received slightly more applications than last year and their entire admissions staff is composed of migrant farm workers on their way back to mexico, so they are swamped and issuing waitlists as quickly as possible.