Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone hear from PEPPERDINE?  (Read 1541 times)

F650GS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anyone hear from PEPPERDINE?
« on: April 27, 2005, 05:36:45 PM »
Has anyone heard from Pepperdine?

I applied there just prior to the deadline on March 1st, having taken my LSAT in FEB. I am curious to know whether or not they send out their accepted/rejected letters all at the same time.

LSAT=163
GPA=3.39 NYU CAS.

Thank you.

Precise

• View Profile
Re: Anyone hear from PEPPERDINE?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 09:06:50 PM »
Has anyone heard from Pepperdine?

I applied there just prior to the deadline on March 1st, having taken my LSAT in FEB. I am curious to know whether or not they send out their accepted/rejected letters all at the same time.

LSAT=163
GPA=3.39 NYU CAS.

Thank you.

I applied right on the March 1st deadline and was accepted about 3 weeks later. I have a 3.45/159 w/ your basic run of the mill Extracurricular stuff. It seems like a coin-flip situation this year for people with our numbers. I do know that many of the people that applied close to the deadline have recieved their decisions so its kind of strange that you havent heard yet.

F650GS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 05:24:17 PM »
Precise:

Thank you for the information.

I'm assuming they are waiting to see who has submitted seat deposits and then they will make their decision in regards to my application.

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
  • What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 09:49:16 PM »
Your numbers should be a no brainer for them.  I am 3.53/160 and just turned them down.
USD 2L

F650GS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 06:21:38 PM »
Depends on how much weight they put on the GPA of applicants, my GPA isnt that great though I got mostly A's in my majors of Poli Sci an Philosophy.

Thanks for the information.

Precise

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 06:31:34 PM »
Depends on how much weight they put on the GPA of applicants, my GPA isnt that great though I got mostly A's in my majors of Poli Sci an Philosophy.

Thanks for the information.

for the record, man... i think pepperdine has you in the "this guy is probably in but we just jumped 20 spots in the rankings so more people might turn in seat deposits than we anticipate and we better hold off on giving this guy an acceptance letter just yet" pile.

I see it as a positive you havent heard yet actually. most people borderline candidates have gotten their waitlist offers..... pepperdine obviously thinks better of you.

F650GS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 05:35:15 PM »

for the record, man... i think pepperdine has you in the "this guy is probably in but we just jumped 20 spots in the rankings so more people might turn in seat deposits than we anticipate and we better hold off on giving this guy an acceptance letter just yet" pile.

I see it as a positive you havent heard yet actually. most people borderline candidates have gotten their waitlist offers..... pepperdine obviously thinks better of you.

Yes that is my interpretation of my situation at pepperdine.  Regardless, f them.  I'm going to law school here in nyc.  This is the place for business and to make money. Visited Miami for U. Miami / Southeastern and St. Thomas which i got accepted to.   Unless you're in the highway business i'll stick to new york law school or brooklyn.