Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pumping Iron  (Read 11090 times)

rathpa

Re: Pumping Iron
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2004, 09:55:58 AM »
You are correct; it does have to do with diet.  However, sprinting gives you the benefits of an anaerobic exercise while pumping your heart like an aerobic exercise.  So when you add that to protein in your diet, you get ripped while trimming down fat.

nathanielmark

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2004, 09:57:48 AM »
the OP has the body type that is resistant to adding fat and muscle mass.  he will have to eat a ton, lift heavy, and will need every calorie he can get to add muscle. 

by doing cardio, he will be diverting calories from muscle building to the cardio and will thus have an even tougher time adding muscle.

he has little fat to lose, so he wouldnt benfit from the cardio.

You are correct; it does have to do with diet.  However, sprinting gives you the benefits of an anaerobic exercise while pumping your heart like an aerobic exercise.  So when you add that to protein in your diet, you get ripped while trimming down fat.

rathpa

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2004, 10:02:54 AM »
The amount of muscle you build is directly related to the amount of protein you get in your diet.  To sustain a long work out, you need a lot of energy which you get from carbs in your diet.  So lifting weights + protein = bigger muscles.  Getting the ripped look over the abs and other parts of the body (namely losing body fat)= cardio.  Losing body fat + Bigger muscles = sprinting.

rathpa

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2004, 10:03:36 AM »
Err, the amount of muscle is directly related to the amount of working out AND the amount of protein.

nathanielmark

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2004, 10:07:36 AM »
you are talking out your ass.  your explanation is oversimplified.  you do not take into account the varying body types that people have.

if you have a fast metabolism and an ectomorphic body type then even if you eat a ton of protein, some of it will be diverted to be burned for fuel.  the OP will need to eat a high quantity of carbs and fat so that the protein he eats is used for muscle building.  Any cardio the OP does will divert calories away from the task of building muscle.

im done with this thread, i will advise the OP to go read up on this himself and draw his own concusions.

rathpa

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2004, 10:36:30 AM »
Should I include triple integrals and differential equations?  I try to keep it simple for your simple mind.  Guess the algebra just isn't cutting it.

nathanielmark

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2004, 10:55:25 AM »
personal attacks are a great way to cover up one's own ignorance

Should I include triple integrals and differential equations?  I try to keep it simple for your simple mind.  Guess the algebra just isn't cutting it.

rathpa

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2004, 11:00:38 AM »
I thought you were down with this thread?

rathpa

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2004, 11:01:40 AM »
I thought you were down with this thread?

err, DOWN=DONE.  And I think it was you who started the personal attacks.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2004, 11:02:47 AM »
can you guys just post pictures of each other flexing and call it a day?

but for the record, i agree with green. 
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'