Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pumping Iron  (Read 11304 times)

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Sr. Citizen
  • Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Guyutegirl+JewLo
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pumping Iron
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2004, 04:26:29 PM »
I'll throw down a 10 spot that this lasts no longer than 5 days

I'll throw down a 10 spot that that man in the picture is already maggot meat

ummm...thanks..i showed you my face but you never saw my body...i was following your advice choson, one-upping ruskie girl with a body shot. Thanks a lot. Maybe i should be going to the gym with you

beauty is on the inside...where it counts.... :D

I agree. or it's caught somewhere between my knees/thighs/ankles.  Haven't been able to pull those apart in a while
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

thechoson

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2004, 04:28:22 PM »
I'll throw down a 10 spot that this lasts no longer than 5 days

I'll throw down a 10 spot that that man in the picture is already maggot meat

ummm...thanks..i showed you my face but you never saw my body...i was following your advice choson, one-upping ruskie girl with a body shot. Thanks a lot. Maybe i should be going to the gym with you

beauty is on the inside...where it counts.... :D

I agree. or it's caught somewhere between my knees/thighs/ankles.  Haven't been able to pull those apart in a while

Actually Jew-Lo, under your avatar, you should say, "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard"

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Sr. Citizen
  • Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Guyutegirl+JewLo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2004, 04:30:12 PM »
[[/quote]

Actually Jew-Lo, under your avatar, you should say, "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard"

Damn right! It's better than yours (or something) I'd teach you, but I'd have to charge!
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

thechoson

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2004, 04:30:36 PM »
shudder

NYBound05

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2004, 02:29:02 AM »
Aside from what everyone has already said, I would definetly suggest you do some sort of cardio. I do cardio 4-5 times a week, lift 3 days, and just took up tae-bo.   :D

But yes, even if you are naturally lean, cardio will keep your endurance up, not to mention it will help warm you up prior to lifting.  I would suggest getting on the stationary bike for about 10 minutes before you lift. You probably don't need to run, because that would only combat the size you're trying to put on.  If you feel you must run, only do about a mile, at MOST.

Also, having a protein shake post-workout will definetely help as well.  If you don't have the funds for it (they can be VERY expensive, trust me), then you need to eat some protein after.  I'm talking peanut butter, eggs, beef, chicken, whatever.  Eat enough, but don't pig out.  It's essential you fuel your muscles after you lift to sustain the mass you're putting on.

Overall, I'd suggest just trying different things and seeing what works for you.  Since you're new to lifting, and considering your situation, first aim for muscle mass (heavier weights, less reps).  But over time, if you see you're not getting the cutness you want, obviously switch up.  Plus, go to Barnes and Noble one day, read some of their male fitness magazines (if you can't afford to buy them) if you're serious about this, IMHO.

I've been working out since I was 14 (I'm 20 now).  I'm a really aggressive chick, and working out has always helped in releasing stress and keeping me sane -Not to mention the great physical benefits I get  ;) My goal?  To look like this when I'm 50!

mailtime

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2004, 08:06:41 AM »
if you want to get big its all about heavy weight low reps.  i would say never do a weight you can lift more than 6 0r 7 times.  also get some creatine. protein mix, glutamine (tablets or mix) and weight gainer.  drink a protein shake before bed and within 30 minutes of lifting.  you might also want to eat alot of peanut butter it packs a lot of fat and protein in a couple of table spoons.  i am a certified personal trainer and nutrionist that also use to run 5 miles a day and lift 7 days a week for 2-3 hours.  combine with a borderline eating disorder, i know too much about this stuff.

Boxergirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • gpa 3.45/lsat 156
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2004, 08:18:27 AM »
you want a good workout AND a great aggression release?? look into your closest Muay Thai Boxing classes...seriously....i used to do muay thai, and it was awesome...very brutal...great workout...i only had to stop b/c i have a serious shoulder injury....but i'd keep doing it if i could...check it out!! where do you live, again?  i'll even look up a good place for you in your area that looks legit!

nathanielmark

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2004, 08:47:47 AM »
With all respect to the many ill-informed posters in this thread.  Do not do cardio if you are skinny and want to build muscle mass.

if people arent knowledgeable on a topic they should refrain from giving bad advice.

if you want to be as healthy as possible, then sure do cardio.  if you want to pack on some muscle first do not do cardio.  i would say start cardio in like 6 months.

the OPs goal was to build muscle.

rathpa

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2004, 09:47:39 AM »
With all respect to the many ill-informed posters in this thread.  Do not do cardio if you are skinny and want to build muscle mass.

if people arent knowledgeable on a topic they should refrain from giving bad advice.

if you want to be as healthy as possible, then sure do cardio.  if you want to pack on some muscle first do not do cardio.  i would say start cardio in like 6 months.

Maybe instead of cardio she should do sprints.  Have you noticed how jacked sprinters are?  Short bursts of high intensity cardio are good to tear up muscles and make you leaner.

nathanielmark

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2004, 09:51:25 AM »
you can't tone bone.  you have to build the muscle before you can tone it.

Maybe instead of cardio she should do sprints.  Have you noticed how jacked sprinters are?  Short bursts of high intensity cardio are good to tear up muscles and make you leaner.