Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LAWLESSNESS IN IRAQ AND THE FAILURE OF UNILATERALISM  (Read 3817 times)

jgruber

Re: LAWLESSNESS IN IRAQ AND THE FAILURE OF UNILATERALISM
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2004, 02:37:24 PM »
These articles show that George W. Bush had a business relationship with Osama's brother. It doesn't show that he had any ties with Iraq.

That's the best I could do in five minutes.  So I guess he should have been excluded from conversations about Afghanistan and other matters related to Bin Laden because of the conflict of interest.

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2004, 02:43:52 PM »
Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I do think that he was wrong when he put a freeze on all accounts that had anything to do with possible terrorist funding.  His own business dealt directly with Osama's brother..so that was hyprocritcal and wrong.
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

jgruber

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2004, 10:35:02 PM »
Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I do think that he was wrong when he put a freeze on all accounts that had anything to do with possible terrorist funding.  His own business dealt directly with Osama's brother..so that was hyprocritcal and wrong.

Why wouldn't you go that far.  He had a conflict of interest.