Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Southwestern Waitlist  (Read 1548 times)

williamgazillion

• View Profile
Southwestern Waitlist
« on: April 27, 2005, 04:34:38 PM »
I found out about my waitlist status last night online, and I have yet to get the letter in the mail.  Does anyone know what the actual letter says?  Does it say when they'll make the decision to take people off the list, does it also indicate the likelihood of being accepted off the waitlist?  Has anyone actually tried calling and asking someone there that question?

I'm thinking about just committing to Cal Western since I know I can't bank on the waitlist at Southwestern.  Then again, I can't bank on the possibility of transferring from Cal Western either.  To make matters worse, should I go to Cal Western, I'll be living with a group of friends, and they're looking for the 4 bedroom house as I write.  Very confused.

DodgerLaw

Re: Southwestern Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 05:25:22 PM »
I just found out about my Southwestern waitlist too. No letter yet though. They said they sent it yesterday so I'm expecting it tomorrow.

williamgazillion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 05:48:18 PM »
Yeah, same here.  Since I live about 12 miles from the law school, I was expecting it to come today.  I guess they sent it out after noon or something.  Sigh.

Are you still leaning more towards Cal Western?  I'm considering that school myself.

kaligrrl79

• AOL Instant Messenger - kaligrrl79
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 08:02:40 PM »
I live in the LA area and it took about 4 days to get the actual waitlist letter.  It doesn't mention anything about the likelihood of being admitted.  Although it does boldly say NOT to call the school to check up on your status.

colforbin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 08:29:32 PM »
I got my waitlist letter 4/15. I'm heading up for my first visit this week. Hopefully then I can get an idea of my chances.

williamgazillion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 09:56:51 PM »
Tell me how that goes, I might make a trip there tomorrow to check it out for myself.

pittsburghphil

• wacha lookin' at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 03:26:00 AM »
my waitlist letter stated that the decision from their side could come any time between now and start of classes. which means they could call the day before classes start. the nerve! BULLCRAP!! screw these haughty bastards

williamgazillion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 05:36:49 AM »
Yeah, it's the fact that they take applications till June.  Just nuts.

williamgazillion

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 04:01:26 PM »
Still didn't get the letter yet, looks like it will take 4 days.

Does the letter require us to respond to get on the waitlist?  Or is that automatic?

kaligrrl79

• AOL Instant Messenger - kaligrrl79
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 08:07:19 PM »
They send a form for you to fill out and mail back.